Amenities

sohj57

If you use the valet drycleaning/laundry service you'll find that the rates are delightfully reasonable. Much less than many hotels and resorts. During the second half of the trip the laundry rooms were constantly busy. As I was determined to enjoy my time and not be doing domestic chores, we used the laundry service. It was worth the nominal amount of extra money.

My wife and I also found the bar charges to be resonable compared to many 4 and 5 star resorts.

Enjoy!

We found that the laundry room on deck 10 (forward) was quiet when we went to use it the day before disembarkation in NY. Try to use it early in the morning. Put your load(s) in and then go to breakfast. It takes about 45 mins to do a cycle and a similar time for tumble dry. Don't bother about hanging around for the load to finish. Other people will empty your machine for you. Yes, take your own sheets of fabric conditioner. We met one of the pianists in the laundry room and got all the goss !!!

Have a good trip.

I don't tend to stand with my washing whilst it is going through the cycle, but do keep a close eye on it. I can only comment on my laundry experiences to date from my P & O experiences and things can go for a walk (get mislaid, stolen!) so I don't tend to put anything with a decent label on and just leave it. Of course I always think that if anyone is desperate to rob my M & S knickers (underwear) then they are welcome to them!!!!!!! You mention that Cunard provide the powder. Is it a specific make and if so do you know the name of the detergent?? My husband will go to the gym several times and I just cannot stand that sweaty stuff hanging around the cabin so unfortunately I shall have to visit the laundry room. He is though allergic to some detergents so wonder if it's best to take my own. I am not going to be restricted to how many suitcases we can take and in fact I have been thinking this morning about buying some more, so carrying them will not be an issue. Do you suggest I also buy some softener sheets for the dryer or should I just add softener to the cycle??

Elaine

Archived