Categories are changing

Vict0riann

I was going to post this with the thread on guarantees, but my question is kind of different. When we were on the Eurodam in April, we booked an Atlantic Adventure 42-day cruise for 2014 with the FCC on board. I said for that length of time I would prefer a verandah, and she suggested we book a BB guarantee, and she said although it was a guarantee, she would assign us a stateroom, as she could do that, but we might expect a change later on. We agreed, and were happy with what she assigned us, on the Navigation Deck. All is well.:) All of a sudden, that room is an A. Our itinerary still shows it as our room, but I wonder what will happen later on, as we did book a BB. Will they move us, or do you think we'll keep the room we have (or better it)? Very strange. We are new to guarantees, and were not thrilled with our first one (all my fault, I went for cheap!) Thanks for any input you may have.

I was going to post this with the thread on guarantees, but my question is kind of different. When we were on the Eurodam in April, we booked an Atlantic Adventure 42-day cruise for 2014 with the FCC on board. I said for that length of time I would prefer a verandah, and she suggested we book a BB guarantee, and she said although it was a guarantee, she would assign us a stateroom, as she could do that, but we might expect a change later on. We agreed, and were happy with what she assigned us, on the Navigation Deck. All is well.:) All of a sudden, that room is an A. Our itinerary still shows it as our room, but I wonder what will happen later on, as we did book a BB. Will they move us, or do you think we'll keep the room we have (or better it)? Very strange. We are new to guarantees, and were not thrilled with our first one (all my fault, I went for cheap!) Thanks for any input you may have.

Your room will stay the same if you booked it as specific. The price will also stay the same no matter if it is reclassified at a higher price and category. IF the new category were to go down from what you booked BB to a lower classifiction and price, then you would receive the difference either as an OBC or as a chance to up sell at no additional charge to a stateroom of your choice if available.

We have basically the same situation for our Panama Canal and Alska Cruises. Our SC stateroom will become an SB and more expensive that what we originally booked it at. So we will take an OBC for our November Panama Canal and for Alaska hubby says he will take an Up Sell to a Penthouse:( (Me no want PH, Me want Aft Wrap!!)

Joanie

I don't have the answer, but categories are being adjusted on many ship next year. As it happens it is working in our favor thanks to a quick-eyed travel agent.

Having been assigned a specific cabin, I think you have a decent case for keeping that cabin at the BB price. If you don't get advice here call HAL and be prepared to argue your case. My gut feeling is that you just got an upgrade, but others wiser in the mysteries of HAL may think otherwise.

----

And you have received a better answer LOL

Archived