Sailing from Galveston

nyc12345

My current plan is to fly into HOU and stay in a hotel near airport, take shuttle to hotel and back the next day for cruise line transfer.

What would you recommend in terms of hotels near Hobby?

Any recommendations for activities for the day pre-cruise? What's the cost of taxi to these sites from the hotel near airport?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

My current plan is to fly into HOU and stay in a hotel near airport, take shuttle to hotel and back the next day for cruise line transfer.

Any recommendations for activities for the day pre-cruise? What's the cost of taxi to these sites from the hotel near airport?

If you want something to do day before

Just go on to Galveston

There is nothing to do around hobby except nasa or bush

With a lot to do in galveston close by,

the time and money spent in Houston

you can spend same, just going on to Galveston.

Then take cruise line shuttle back to airport after cruise.

What we've done is to stay at the Hampton Inn Airport which has a shuttle from and to the airport, then take the transfer. But we usually get in late in the afternoon and, as ssb said, there's not really anything interesting in the airport area.

If you'll be in early the day before I agree that you should either rent a car or take a shuttle to Galveston where there are things to do :) .

Have a fun cruise,

Thank you both for your input. So what kind of fun things can I find in Galveston? This is the first time I am going to be in Texas, so not sure what to expect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My family will be staying an extra day once we return from our cruise in August. We are going to visit Moody Gardens and Pleasure Pier. There's also the beach (i'm sure well be "beached out" though) and I saw a museum we wanted to visit the last time we passed through.

Archived