Quad room on Dawn

DEELOUX

Has anyone stayed in an outside room with 4 people. We just heard that in the middle of the 2 twin beds a third bed pops up, so three people sleep together. The fourth is in a pull down. We just assumed like on any other ship that the couch turns in a bed. Am I wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Has anyone stayed in an outside room with 4 people. We just heard that in the middle of the 2 twin beds a third bed pops up, so three people sleep together. The fourth is in a pull down. We just assumed like on any other ship that the couch turns in a bed. Am I wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

What couch :eek: Here is the details on a cat D outside quad. I don't see any couch.

Cabin 5530

Duvet

Refrigerator (1)

Hair Dryer (1)

Telephone (1)

Safety Deposit Box (1)

Television (1)

Cabin Square Footage (159)

Shower (1)

Convertible Lower Beds (2)

Pullman Bed (1)

Pullout Bed (1)

Oceanview Stateroom

Midship Section

Port Side

Crib (1)

Picture Window (1)

Bed Rails (1)

Pier forward

Sprinklers

These rooms don't have a couch. I have stayed in a room like this with four. You don't want my comment on the middle pull out bed....but the floor would be more comfortable. If you can swing it get two rooms...

Thanks for your input. It's a 50th anniversary cruise for my parents. They booked 4 rooms last year not realizing there was a middle pull out book. This is our first time on Norweigan. My parents wanted my sister, brother, myself and them all in a row so they booked early. They also didn't want everyone to fly in case something happened so New York is a short drive. We will make the best of it. I just assumed they had a couch. We wanted a balconey but they don't sleep 4. That does not make sense. Carnival Conquest has beautiful balconey rooms with room for 4.

Thanks for your input. It's a 50th anniversary cruise for my parents. They booked 4 rooms last year not realizing there was a middle pull out book. This is our first time on Norweigan. My parents wanted my sister, brother, myself and them all in a row so they booked early. They also didn't want everyone to fly in case something happened so New York is a short drive. We will make the best of it. I just assumed they had a couch. We wanted a balconey but they don't sleep 4. That does not make sense. Carnival Conquest has beautiful balconey rooms with room for 4.

The CCL Spirit had nice quad Balconies as well. I noticed on the NCL Jewel they apparently fixed the probem with a number of balconies that hold 4 passengers. I assume two lowers, one pullman, and the sofa.

Deeloux - My family of 4 had an oceanview quad on the Dawn, and it was fine. The layout was just as you described, two twins with a pop up trundle bed in between, making for a wall to wall bed situation. The pop up bed was a bit hard, so if I were you, I would ask immediately for a either a mattress pad or an extra duvet to make the mattress a little more comfortable. The fourth bed was a bunk bed. It was a little tight at night with four people, but during the day with beds put away, it was just fine. The luggage fit well under the twin bed and the closet and drawer space was good enough for the four of us. We used every nook and cranny in the cabin! You will have a great time on the Dawn, don't worry about the sleeping situation in the cabin, as you will not be doing much of sleeping nor spending time in the cabin. Have fun!!

I booked a catagory E for our August sailing. I went by the photo's on an often looked at travel website on aol. This is what I found 8794.jpgOceanview

Combined sleeping/living area with two lower beds and wall-mounted Pullman bed; bedside table that can be used as a coffee/dining table; bathroom with separate shower. Picture window. (158 sq. ft.)

34_411_cab_c_d_e_g_ocv_320_08APR04.jpg

then I looked at another website and found this

Both are listed for category E??? Makes a BIG difference.. I guess I'm calling th upsell Dept?? So I understand where the OP got the couch idea from because I have 4 in one room and 3 in the other room and was thinking the same thing.

POOHISME2

I believe that picture is from the Sun based on the bedding :eek:

cabin_SUN_E.jpg

cat e sun

Cabin 7013

Hair Dryer (1)

Telephone (1)

Safety Deposit Box (1)

Television (1)

Duvet

Pier forward

Shower (1)

Crib (1)

Convertible Lower Beds (2)

Convertible Single Sofa Bed (1)

Cabin Square Footage (145)

Refrigerator (1)

Forward Section

Oceanview Stateroom

Port Side

Sitting Area

Picture Window (1)

Sprinklers

Poohisme2 - The second website is exactly what the Dawn oceanview cabin looks like, even the bedspread is exactly what is shown in the picture. In between the two twins where the two small tables are seen, you will have a pop-up trundle bed at night. There is a desk/vanity and TV in the corner shelf. The bathroom is divided into three areas the shower with an actual shower door (not curtain) the middle is the vanity area and the toilet area with a separate door for privacy. Great bathroom set-up. The closet has hidden shelves on the inside that can also be used. There is also a safe and a mini-frig. My family and I thought it was quiet efficient.

Pouhisme2

We did 2 cruises in a row on the Dawn last year, and spent a couple hours on turnaround day running around checking out cabins in various locations and categories while the stewards were preparing them for the 2nd week's passengers and the doors were all open. We had seen a photo in our brochure of a standard outside cabin with that layout of a couch near the window and the bed lying parallel to the outside of the ship, but did not find any cabins that looked like that. There must be some, but probably not many; the standard outsides we saw all looked like the second photo you posted.

C.L.

The nightstands will beput under one bed or removed from you rroom if you request.

We had a Quad room in April. It worked out fine. You only use it to dress & sleep. My hint from these boards that I found invaluable-----go to the $$ store and buy a back of thedoor shoe bag to hang on a hook in the bathroom to hold all of the bathroom "stuff" for 4! There is not enough shelf room.

Have fun!!

We had an outside quad on the Dawn last summer. It is a bit tight at night, but in the morning, by the time we got back from breakfast, the beds were made up, the trundle was gone and we had more room to move around. At night the bedside tables were moved to the foot of the bed, and put back during the day.

And yes, you do have to crawl into bed at night (I slept under the bunk - don't sit up too quickly!) But we were usually so tired by that point, that crawling was about all we could do! It worked out fine for us.

Thanks everyone for al the great info. I called my TA this morning (she was not aware of the bed situation at all :eek: and was shocked when she called NCL and the confirmed the sleeping situations)

I got moved from 2 catagory E's a Quad and a triple (oceanview window) to 2 AF mini suites (1 quad and 1 triple) side by side for a total cost of 940- for 3 adults and 4 children. I think the extra space and the balcony are well worth the extra $135- p/p price. Thanks again for all your help.. This is why I love CC:D

Thanks everyone for al the great info. I called my TA this morning (she was not aware of the bed situation at all :eek: and was shocked when she called NCL and the confirmed the sleeping situations)

I got moved from 2 catagory E's a Quad and a triple (oceanview window) to 2 AF mini suites (1 quad and 1 triple) side by side for a total cost of 940- for 3 adults and 4 children. I think the extra space and the balcony are well worth the extra $135- p/p price. Thanks again for all your help.. This is why I love CC:D

Good move :) You all will still like each other after the cruise.

Shoreguy,

Well seeing that 4 are my children.. they cant be any worse off..LOL Cruising with my MIL :confused: might be another subject..LOL One more question for you though.. Can the dividers in the balcony be opened?

Sherrie

Shoreguy,

Well seeing that 4 are my children.. they cant be any worse off..LOL Cruising with my MIL :confused: might be another subject..LOL One more question for you though.. Can the dividers in the balcony be opened?

Sherrie

Yes - your room steward can do it

Archived