Is my trip a Harley cruise????

Hi - I just read that my cruise in May might be a Harley cruise. And I heard they get to bring their bikes:eek: .

Any thoughts on what this might mean for us? I am not concerned about it specifically being "Harley" but more of the fact that there will be such a large group together.

Should we change our trip? Anyone ever been on a cruise with a large social group?

There are a number of Harley cruises scheduled throughout the year on RCI ships. Usually about 70 or so people and about 35 bikes (if Voyager class). No worries, by all accounts they are very nice people who enjoy cruises and their bikes. I can't remember the website but if you google Harley cruise you can get more info. Enjoy your cruise.

See if you can find more info regarding the group booked on your cruise, such as how large the group is. I don't have any specific problem with any type of group, other than sometimes public space is closed off by a private group. Many times I have been onboard with groups, most of the time there was absolutely no problem. On our last cruise, there was a very large group, they were pleasant enough, but they took up the movie theatre the whole week. Not a real big deal, but we enjoy seeing a movie or two duing our cruise. We ended up having to rent movies in our room, not our first choice. Also, if the group is very large, make sure you have the different seating from them. Our last large group had quite a few children, they had them all seated at early seating, with just a few chaperones, right next to us. The kids weren't too bad, but we would have preferred not to be in the kiddie section (there were probably 40 kids and 4 chaperones every night).

After saying all that, a Harley group would be more desirable to cruise with than say Amway distributors :D

Looks like you found your answer while I was still typing!

I wouldn't worry about the Harley group. We have several friends who have harleys and ride them up to the big meeting in South Dakota. One is a dermitolgist and the other one is president of a company. Most harley owners are regular people with regular jobs that like to ride harleys.

I think it would be cool to be on a Harley cruise! I'm not a bike rider, but I know a few. Our church has an annual "Biker Sunday" where we promote and invite anyone and everyone to come and show off their bikes and have a picnic lunch after the service. We just had the 5th annual, and we had 285+ bikes show up! It was awesome...

I'd recommend trying to hang out and watch them all leave together for their island ride. It's a site (and especially sound) you won't soon forget!

Theron

Both DH and I ride- and we are pretty normal :>)))) I have never heard of taking the bikes with us though. We have a friend who is in a Nam Vets/ NA ( I know what a combo) and we are sort of "informal" members. I could only imagine the fun that group would be on a cruise. We just did a ride a couple of weeks ago for our local ASPCA-let me tell you there is nothing cuter than a big bad hairy Harley dude making a fool out of himself over a litter of puppies.

We're going on the May Harley Cruise and my DH can't wait. My DH thinks it is the perfect vacation when you can take your bike along with you. What a way to see the islands. We were on the Navigator a couple of years ago and never dreamed we would be back with our bike onboard. I remember how excited Captain Johnny got when you asked him about his bike. It would have been great to go on a ride with him. Unfortunately, he isn't the Captain of the Navigator any longer.

I wouldn't worry about the Harley group. We have several friends who have harleys and ride them up to the big meeting in South Dakota. One is a dermitolgist and the other one is president of a company. Most harley owners are regular people with regular jobs that like to ride harleys.

Glad you brought that up. Harley's are not cheap to buy and require so much TLC. I hate the stereotype that bikers are poor and wild.:rolleyes: DH would love another one but his crash cost me a lot of $$$ a few years ago...and it wasn't even his fault!:cool:

There is a Harley cruise going on right now on the Serenade. We were on last week and watched them load four Harleys on to be displayed for the week. They did book the same dinner seating together, but other than that we heard of no other changes. Sounds like a great group to me.

I think everyone should research to see if a group is on their sailing (google is good, just type in group cruises). There was a huge group on our first RCI cruise and it was HORRIBLE!!! Unfortunately, many areas/activities were closed to non-members throughout the week. The members of this group were so rude (and cheap) that the non-members as well as the crew were complaining.

And, I have only heard good things about the HD cruises :D

###

Hi - I just read that my cruise in May might be a Harley cruise. And I heard they get to bring their bikes:eek: .

Any thoughts on what this might mean for us? I am not concerned about it specifically being "Harley" but more of the fact that there will be such a large group together.

Should we change our trip? Anyone ever been on a cruise with a large social group?

I was on the April harley cruise. They bring 30-35 bikes so figure 70 people.

Most of us didn't know each other before the cruise but there were a few groups together. The staff of the ship all kept telling us how much they like the cruise with the bikes. Many of our fellow cruisers would come up and tell us how much they liked seeing the bikes coming off the ship and seeing us take off on our rides.

This isn't a group of trouble making people. don't worry.

there is a second type of cruise where no bikes are taken on to ride just a lot of bikers. I don't know much about that type cruise but i really haven't read anything bad.

Archived