Drinks on Independence of the Seas

Hi All,

This is my first time on a cruise (12 night Med from Southampton 21st September!) and we are trying to decide whether to get a drinks package or not.

Can anyone tell me what drinks, if any at all, are included and at what times? Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks?

I only drink water so nothing else matters for me...my fiancé drinks a variety of things so want to know what we can expect!

Has anyone done a soda package and is it worth it for the occasional cola?!

Thank you in advance :)

I have done the soda package a couple of times and if you drink 2 or 3 soda's a day it will more than pay for itself. Especially for a cruise as long as yours.

Complimentary drinks offered on the ships range anywhere from apple juice, orange juice and coffee in the mornings to tea, water, lemonade and many other drinks like strawberry(which is essentially like taking a lpton powder and mixing it into some water). For something as long as that I would definitely go with the soda package as the fountains they have on their ships allow for a miriad of options.

I skip on the alcohol package as the price of the alcoholic beverages on board typically deter me from becoming and obnoxious drunk for 7+ days. lol.

Hope that answers your questions.

IMO,

Soda package - Totally worth it. In fact if you drop a coke with dinner, one at the pool late afternoon and one in the evening, that's it paid for itself. People like me will easily double that.

Alcohol package - Only worth it if you want to get wasted every single day.

Thank you for your replies. Is water freely available at all times on board?

Pretty much. You can go to any bar or any of the dining areas and there is water available. One thing cruises are not short of is food and drinks. :)

IMO,

Alcohol package - Only worth it if you want to get wasted every single day.

What a stupid post!

I have had the package on both cruises and have been far from "WASTED"

Its simply a question of either MATHS if your really concerned with $ or ease of use if the $ doesn't really matter

If your not really a drinker then you will find plenty of free refreshments

OP here is a quick guide to Indy's prices on the cruise we took in May this year. You can then work out what is the most cost effective package to purchase. For us the soda package is a must buy but each to their own.

Can of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc $2.5

Bottle of Budweiser $6

Jack D n Coke $6.5

Cocktails range from $7.5 to $10 or so depending on content.

Water, Tea, Coffee is available free in many area's, Speciality Coffee's varied in price up to $5 or so.

What a stupid post!

I have had the package on both cruises and have been far from "WASTED"

Its simply a question of either MATHS if your really concerned with $ or ease of use if the $ doesn't really matter

If your not really a drinker then you will find plenty of free refreshments

That's seems to me very rude and very blunt saying "what a stupid post!", if that is the posters opinion and thought.

That's seems to me very rude and very blunt saying "what a stupid post!", if that is the posters opinion and thought.

Well its a stupid "opinion or thought" then

and tbh if I wanted your opinion I would of asked

Archived