Formal Nights In Alaska

JohanneandRéjean

Johanne.... I have cruised in Alaska twice. I saw no difference between the Alaska Formal Nights...and the Caribbean Formal Nights.

However, on some cruiselines, you will see diffferences in Formal Nights..period.

On Celebrity....it is very formal in both areas of cruising.

We just returned from taking X's Infinity to Alaska. There was 3 formal nights & everyone was all dressed out all of them. I did see a few people in their daywear prior to dinner, but no sightings of them in the dining room or after dinner. I saw a few younger boys w/o a jacket, but personally didn't see any men who weren't dressed in a tux or dark suit. Mostly, we saw men in tuxes & women dressed very nicely.

All three times it's been a mish-mash. Don't worry what anyone else is wearing, wear what is formal to you. I've seen some tuxes, some very sparkly, some full dress Japanese women (gorgeous!), some just pantsuits or skirts and tan suits... etc.

I recently was on the Princess Coral to Alaska and everybody was dressed up for Formal Night. A lot of men had tuxes on (more than I thought would) and the other men had on dark suits. The women were dressed very nicely too. Even the kids and teens (not many on the ship to begin with) were dressed up too.

Thank you everyone for the replies. We are sailing with Celebrity, Infinity and it usually is an older crowd and more formal. 5 weeks to sailing. I just can't wait. We did buy some hiking boots and waterproof breathable clothing. I definitely think we will need those. As for the formal nights, my husband and I love dressing up. When can you do that except for New Year's Eve. Again, thank you.

Our cruise was 10 nights, but I've heard that the formal nights will be the 2nd & next to last nights on a 7 night cruise. I.E. if you leave Sun., they will be on Mon. & Fri. night. Sorry, I can't give you 1st hand knowledge, but I'm sure someone can. I just wanted to chime in to let you know that you will not feel overdressed on the Infinity, if you dress in tuxes & gowns. My guys even wore a tux one night to the SSUS, because their vest matched the dress I wore. This was the 2nd time we dined there, as we had seen other men in tuxes the 1st time. The 1st time they wore suits, & I wore a glittery dress. We definitely weren't the only ones dressed formally in there. Have a great time. You'll love Infinity & the SSUS is worth every penny! :)

JohanneandRéjean,

Happy Anniversary.

We were in the Infinity a few years ago. She is a wonderul ship, and we had a great cruise. Had dinner at the SS United States, and it was one of the finest meals I’ve ever had. ENJOY!! :D

You see everything from tuexdos and ballgowns, to street clothes. I think the answer lies somewhere in between. I would dress as if I had reservations at an expensive restaurant, and you can't go wrong (was about to say wear your Sunday best, but that doesn't hold much anymore, as even church attire has become casual in some places).

Archived