Smoking again!

its_my_dime

According to a poster in a previous thread, smoking in the veranda (outside and inside) was to be stopped as of Jan, 2006. However, the new brochure on P. 93 says only that: ..."Beginning January 2006, the Restaurant on all ships will be a non smoking area."

Does that mean that the verandas will continue to be full smoking areas?

Thank you.

During my 14-day cruise in 2004, there was a group who consistently puffed away every meal in The Restaurant. And when they smoked in their rooms, they left their doors open so the whole corridor smelled of stale tobacco. UGH!!!

Complaints to the crew were useless: we were told that the smokers sailed a lot with Seabourn and the crew didn't want to "upset" them!

I would dare to differ with John. I am sorry he hasn't had the experience of being around a 'considerate smoker' for I certainly have. I do not and have never smoked, however my husband has one pipe daily and an occasional cigar. He enjoys them down in his solitude corner in the garage with his book and music.

We have been on three Seabourn voyages and I can attest to considerate smokers on each of them. My husband enjoyed his pipe up on the deck, an area he chose away from close proximity to nonsmokers. If nonsmokers came into his space - that was their choice. I noticed other smokers doing the same. His cigar was in the Horizon lounge during their cigar hour at night. He met others there and they enjoyed their conversations. The room never smelled of smoke after their time due to proper ventiliation. In all of our enjoyable journeys with Seabourn, I have not been subjected to inconsiderate smokers.

So John, I am sorry you are in the midst of 'inconsiderate smokers'. I have yet to meet one.

Archived