Sunshine Cabin 5341

dct

Has any one had this cabin on the Sunshine. When I booked it was a cat 9C now it is listed as a OS on the deck plan on Carnival's website. We are sailing next January and would love to know what it was like. Thanks

Has any one had this cabin on the Sunshine. When I booked it was a cat 9C now it is listed as a OS on the deck plan on Carnival's website. We are sailing next January and would love to know what it was like. Thanks

We have the same room in March of 2014. Also booked when it was a 9C. Here is a link to some pic of room 5340 which is the same type of room just on the other side of boat. http://s246.photobucket.com/user/Slicer_2008/media/Cabin%205340%20Sunshine/MedCruise5-5-131234.jpg.html

Also check out this thread where these rooms were talked about.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1816013&highlight=husband+off

So how can they just change my cabin and not even tell me. I booked that cabin for the balcony

I did get an email saying that it was changed to a suite. We were also disappointed that we lost the wrap, but it is now a suite. Can't decide if it was an even change. I know it's priced higher now than when we booked and didn't get an increase, but probably won't get any price drops now.

We are booked into that room in September..... But given we are a family of 4 I am delighted to be getting a separate bedroom for the kids at the expense of an aft wrap balcony! Wrap would have been nice - but the larger room and separate living area (with sofa bed for kids) wins hands down!!!

I don't think the cabin looks that nice. Not much storage or tables. I will miss not having a balcony from the living area and find it weird to have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone sailed in this cabin now and can tell me more. I'm still mad they took away my wrap.

I can understand your frustration. We have had an aft wrap in the past and it was fantastic. We booked this same cabin on the other side 5340. I am excited about it because we have 2 small kids and had originally booked another OS. In the other OS, we would have had to have a trundle bed so having our own separate bedroom is great for us. I'm waiting for the Sunshine to get to the US so there will hopefully be more info about these 2 cabins. If had I had booked this room thinking I would have a wrap like you did, I would be very upset. I'm hoping it will be perfect for us and our situation on an 11 day. I hope you are satisfied as well since its not what you expected.

Archived