Welcome Aboard did not deliver!!

reesegirl

:mad: A relative of mine was cruising on the Magic on June 16th. I thought I know I will surprise her with flowers and a chocolate plate. Got online went to Fun shops put in the order mid-May Remembered to write down my confirmation number.

Relative returned Last Sunday. No thank you call. Ok I think she is busy getting home. Monday no call. Hmmm I think So I give her a call and say Welcome home! How was the cruise? Were you surprised by the flowers and chocolates? What flowers and chocolates she replies. Oh my seems they were never delivered.:eek: Now I am just a bit unhappy. Called carnival today explained what happened and was told by representative that they will look into it and it may take 7 to 10 days to hear back from them. Also sent e-mail. And as third precaution I am challenging the charge on my credit card. Anyone else ever had a bad experience with the fun shops and how was your results? Easy or am I in for one of those battles with customer service that we all know so well and sometimes love but most of the time they are just a big pain.:(

I would be most unhappy too. I wonder if they got delivered to the wrong stateroom and the occupants weren't honest about notifying they weren't the intended reciepients. I hope this gets solved soon.

We sent substantial OBC as gift not too long ago for Bon Voyage and Anniversary. They did get the OBC, but no one onboard could tell them why. There was supposed to be a gift card in the room with a specific message and they never got it. When no one could tell them what it was for, they assumed it was perk from CCL (Platinum/VIP members).

I went thru the same process; after talking to them twice, I finally asked them about it to make sure they got it. They really appreciated the gift, but were very embarassed that they did not get the opportunity to thank us for the gift.

It happened to me. I sent a family member a bottle of wine. It was delivered to their originally assigned dining table the first night. Only problem is they got their dining changed. Carnival told me it would be 7 to 10 days. They actually investigated and pulled the signed slips for the wine and for other things they signed for onboard. It seems someone else at their original table took the wine and signed for it. Carnival took the trouble to compare their signatures on other bar and gift shop purchases with the signature on the slip for the gift wine. Clearly they were not a match. Carnival sent me an e-mail within the 10 days and told me the results of their investigation. They also promptly refunded the money to my credit card and apologized profusely.

I just thought of another funny (for us) instance on another cruiseline. We were sailing out of Miami and there were 2 ships side by side with very similar names. My DB and SIL got a huge gift delivered to their cabin before the sailing. They came to thank us assuming we had sent it for their first cruise. Then we noticed on the gift card, it was for their cabin but the other ship.

They did take it to the Purser's desk, but they said to keep it! They said that once onboard, it can't be removed (because of the food and fruit in the basket). We checked when we got back and it cost over $400.00! Lots of wine and goodies and doodahs.

It happened to me. I sent a family member a bottle of wine. It was delivered to their originally assigned dining table the first night. Only problem is they got their dining changed. Carnival told me it would be 7 to 10 days. They actually investigated and pulled the signed slips for the wine and for other things they signed for onboard. It seems someone else at their original table took the wine and signed for it. Carnival took the trouble to compare their signatures on other bar and gift shop purchases with the signature on the slip for the gift wine. Clearly they were not a match. Carnival sent me an e-mail within the 10 days and told me the results of their investigation. They also promptly refunded the money to my credit card and apologized profusely.

Glad it worked out in your case, but I find it disappointing that a guest knowingly accepted something that wasnt intended for them. Oh well... Just the nature of people today I guess.

To the OP, sorry your friends did not receive their gift from you. I hope this is resolved quickly and ypu receive the full refund you are due with no issue.

:mad: A relative of mine was cruising on the Magic on June 16th. I thought I know I will surprise her with flowers and a chocolate plate. Got online went to Fun shops put in the order mid-May Remembered to write down my confirmation number.

Relative returned Last Sunday. No thank you call. Ok I think she is busy getting home. Monday no call. Hmmm I think So I give her a call and say Welcome home! How was the cruise? Were you surprised by the flowers and chocolates? What flowers and chocolates she replies. Oh my seems they were never delivered.:eek: Now I am just a bit unhappy. Called carnival today explained what happened and was told by representative that they will look into it and it may take 7 to 10 days to hear back from them. Also sent e-mail. And as third precaution I am challenging the charge on my credit card. Anyone else ever had a bad experience with the fun shops and how was your results? Easy or am I in for one of those battles with customer service that we all know so well and sometimes love but most of the time they are just a big pain.:(

I have seen where it happened before. I think the consensus from that thread was if you bought someone a surprise you should tell them to expect a surprise so they would know to go check on it if nothing was received.

I have always received anything I purchased, but in the case of obc, you only get the notice on a piece of paper that is in with the other pieces of paper and easily thrown away.

I would guess it was delivered to the wrong stateroom by the steward. Last cruise we had a bill for almost everything in the mini fridge, red bull, guiness, rum, you name it. I called to inform them we only opened the fried to place sodas in, and they said they would check with the steward and let us know. About 2 weeks later it was reversed from our card.

2 other cruises I received invitations for past guest partys, and other cabins had mine etc.

I find it disappointing that a guest knowingly accepted something that wasn't intended for them. Oh well... Just the nature of people today I guess.

This is not necessarily true. I would have accepted the wine, unless it was clearly marked for someone else. Reason: my TA frequently sends unannounced gifts, usually identified as from them, but not always. I would have assumed that any unexpected goody was from my TA -- I doubt if it would even have occurred to me that it could be a mistake.

Now you have forced me to hesitate in the future. Boo to you.:)

This is not necessarily true. I would have accepted the wine, unless it was clearly marked for someone else. Reason: my TA frequently sends unannounced gifts, usually identified as from them, but not always. I would have assumed that any unexpected goody was from my TA -- I doubt if it would even have occurred to me that it could be a mistake.

Now you have forced me to hesitate in the future. Boo to you.:)

A few years ago my family booked 4 rooms together in the Big Tower at the Contemporary Hotel at Disney World. DH and I paid for all the rooms. When we got to our room a fruit/cheese tray awaited us and the card just said, "Welcome to Disney World's Contemporary Hotel" It did not say from anyone or our name. We assumed that the management sent it to us for booking 4 rooms for a week. Now I am thinking we should have called the front desk to ask them if it was meant for us. :confused: Sorry if it wasn't meant for us!!

Archived