Balcony discounts with C+A

I've actually been booking online and not using a TA. I suppose I won't be doing that anymore! The C&A phone number is different than the main toll free number on their website, right?

Yes, the C&A number is 800-526-9723.

Looks like you should find another TA.

We book with RCI and have the balcony discount applied and get whatever perks we are receiving from the cruise line first.

Then we shop around for a TA.

We find it best to get all the benefits from the cruise line set up in place and documented first before starting any dealings with a TA.

Once you give the booking to a TA, the cruise line will no longer deal with you.

Remember that you have 60 days after you book the cruise to find a TA, plenty of time to look around and compare offers.

When we get the pre-paid gratuities from the TA, they do not remove the balcony discount or any perks that we received from the cruise line.

If they tried to do that, they would not get our business.

Before we let them have our business, we always have them send us a letter first spelling out exactly what their terms are and what perks they are offering us to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding later.

This is exactly what I do. I also fax my own special needs forms into RCI before transferring the booking. I need to be sure things are done properly and those big box agencies don't give one the personal attention that you give yourself. ;)

Big Box on line TA's need to be monitored. I call with price drops I have found myself and I check and double check my documents. If I had not called to make sure they had my credit card number, I would have lost my Baltic Cruise as they did not have it (I had done my own deposits via an onboard booking on another cruise) and they hadn't a clue that they didn't have the number on file.

TA or no TA, it is incumbent on the traveler to stay on top of things.

What a great thread! We're Platinums and this is the first I've ever heard of the balcony discount! Since you're all so knowledgable, maybe you can talk me through our options.

We're booked on Oasis at the end of September, with less than six months before sailing. Our final payment is due in a week or so.

We have an interior N cabin but I'd be interested in a balcony at the $75 discount. I keep a close eye on fares for an upgrade opportunity. Could we upgrade to a balcony, get the discount and pay the difference in fare, if there is one? Does that change after we make our final payment? If we pay a fare difference and it is lowered later, can we upgrade again or get a refund of the difference?

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Archived