Watch DVD's on board?

rockwall99

Is it possible to watch a DVD while on board a Viking river cruise. If I bring a small portable player, can I hook it up to the TV? I've been on ocean cruises where the TV inputs are locked up so it's not possible. I wonder if anyone else is interested in doing this.

don't know the answer to your question and don't want to sound critical but I can say that there is so much i'd rathar do than sit in my cabin and watch a video.

i bet we watch a total of an hour's worth of tellie when in europe only to get weather info and major new's story.

anyways it's your vacation and if that's what you want to do...so be it.

Hope you get an answer!

Well, I like to go for a 3-5 mile jog in the morning, go on the tours, explore the towns, spend some time relaxing and will read a book or two and yes, I even like to watch a movie now and then in the evening before bed.

On the new longships, they had new large flatscreen TV's hung on the wall across from the bed. The TV offered a selection of on-demand movies, which was nice, as we enjoyed watching a movie for awhile at night before going to sleep. If you think you still might want your own movies, it's possible these newer TV's might offer the inputs for your DVD player. I'd check with Viking to be sure.

Archived