Purchasing Cheers

lmca

We plan on purchasing the Cheers Program on our upcoming cruise. We will be sailing the Pride. Can someone tell me where I should go to purchase the program and if I can purchase it as soon as I board. We would like to start to enjoy ASAP:)

You can purchase it the moment you get on. On the Victory there was a table set up on the Lido deck. Please try the Tiramisu martini! It is heavenly and I cannot wait for August 1 when I can have 15! (Kidding! But I will probably have 5!)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

When we boarded the Conquest it was available right there at the lobby bar. I went straight there bought it. Got my first drink and then off to the room to drop off carryon. We had FTTF so we were among the first to board. When we got to our room luggage was already there. Quickly unpacked and out to the Lido before most people were even onboard.

$49.95 plus tip per day per person over the age of 21 in the same cabin. There are 2 ships where it costs less. If you use the search function you can find all of the posts with Cheers questions.

$49.95 plus tip per day per person over the age of 21 in the same cabin. There are 2 ships where it costs less. If you use the search function you can find all of the posts with Cheers questions.

That's was me, I'll post it here for them. Oh and also, the cheers program can not be purchased on the first day on any ship leaving out of Galveston because of Texas laws.

UPDATE May 19, 2013: The “Cheers” Bar program pricing was changed on some ships. There are also some changes in the Carnival’s policy – the “Cheers” package can not be used at private islands anymore (Half Moon Cay or CocoCay/Little Stirrup Cay). The new Carnival Cheers program price is US$49,95 plus 15% gratuity, which is $57,45 per person per day, or US$402 for a 7-day cruise.

UPDATE June 2013 – only Carnival Legend and Carnival Sunshine have the Cheers package at its “cheap” price” ($49,95 pp pd, tips included).

As to the exact list of the “more expensive” Carnival Cheers ships, there’s no officially announced list yet, but Miracle, Pride and Victory are in it for sure. What CCL say on this is, quote “[Cheers] price may vary due to ship/duration/itinerary”.

In late June CCL changed considerably all of their Bon Voyage alcohol prices in The Fun Shops - and not for the better. Some items have gone up 25%, most are “merely” 10% “adjusted”. But all are up for sure! For more and exact numbers – follow the above link.

If you purchase while in port you will have to pay tax on the purchase best to wait until you sail away to international waters :)

You don't pay tax on the purchase.

You will be charged tax on whatever purchases you make (individual drinks) while not in international waters. Thats it for the taxes; which likely amounts to less than a few dollars, depending on how many drinks you consumed before hitting international waters.

You don't pay tax on the purchase.

You will be charged tax on whatever purchases you make (individual drinks) while not in international waters. Thats it for the taxes; which likely amounts to less than a few dollars, depending on how many drinks you consumed before hitting international waters.

So purchasing it the same day is best?The price is the same if you purchase it when you board or if you wait til you hit international waters?Taxes would just show up on sail and sign if there are any? I am confused!

Laura

So purchasing it the same day is best?The price is the same if you purchase it when you board or if you wait til you hit international waters?Taxes would just show up on sail and sign if there are any? I am confused!

Laura

When you purchase Cheers regardless of where the ship is (in homeport or out at sea) there are no taxes for the purchase of the program itself.

If you are in a US port and order a drink the receipt will have US taxes charged to the drink, but the menu price of the drink will be zero.

You can purchase it the moment you get on. On the Victory there was a table set up on the Lido deck. Please try the Tiramisu martini! It is heavenly and I cannot wait for August 1 when I can have 15! (Kidding! But I will probably have 5!)

Tiramisu martini is the best!!! I had one every night before dinner!! Planning on doing the same thing in September on Victory!!

Yummmmm :D

I agree - The Tiramisu martinis are amazing!

You can have 15 alcoholic drinks with a menu price of $10.00 and under on the cheer program.

You can not purchase beer buckets.

Drinks must be ordered no more than 5 minutes apart.

What isn't included in your 15 drink limit is non alcoholic drinks/ pop.

Pop and non alcoholic frozen drinks under 10 are unlimited. For example, a virgin strawberry daiquiri.

Anything over $10.00 you have to pay for, but you get a 25% discount.

Here is the link to the carnival site for all your questions.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/?faq=beverage

Has anyone purchased the Cheers program on the Freedom? If so, what was the price per person?

I'm fairly certain I know the answers to both but would like verification from someone who has purchased recently.

One quick note to add on taxes.. You are taxed on your drinks whether you are on the cheers program or not, until you get to International waters. The tax has nothing to do with the cheers program, everyone that has a drink pays a tax on that drink.

It hasnt changed in the last 24 hours. The answer is on this very thread.

49.95 plus 15%

I must be blind then because I do not for the life of me find where the Freedom is mentioned. I see the Pride, Triumph and the Glory but not the Freedom. I also noted other posters saying the price did vary on some ships which is why I was requesting clarification from someone who has sailed the Freedom and purchased the package on that particular ship.

Archived