snorkeling/sailing St. Thomas

jglenn

We just returned from a WONDERFUL cruise on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas. We have done the Eastern Caribbean cruise on 2 other occasions, but wanted to share a GREAT excursion with others. We chartered 2 sailboats(max capacity of 6people/boat) for a half day sail and snorkel. We attempted to sail on the Winifred, but she was booked. Sharon recommended the Fantasy and the Alaunt. I sailed on the Fantasy and my husband was on the Alaunt. There were 9 in our party. We sailed together to a wonderful snorkeling area directly off the coast of St. John. We all snorkeled together for about 1&1/2 hours then returned to our boats for a delicious lunch. Although, I had a wonderful time on the Fantasy, my husband and friends on the Alaunt had the times of their lives! We have all traveled in the Caribbean for many years and this was by far the most fun my husband and my son and his friends have ever had! This is saying alot. My son is 17 and his buddies were 16 and 18. They want to know when we can go again! We are seriously thinking of flying down to St Thomas for 3 nights just to sail with these guys again. Captain Ron Arens and his 1st mate Carol were the best!!!!!Please do yourselves a favor and set up a sail with these guys. alaunt53@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed with Ron and Carol on Christmas Day and felt like we were their friends and not paying passengers. They were the greatest! I'm so glad to hear they are still in action and so glad you guys had a great time!

I'm glad you had such a great time! How were you able to coordinate the two day sails together? We may end up with a larger group if everyone wants to participate. I was thinking our only alternative was to book on one of the larger boats.

Hello Dr. Daddy,

The 6 pack charters (they hold a max of 6 guests) can be chartered privately - ie. a couple could pay for the whole boat so its just the two of them or if the guests don't mind sharing the boat and the captain has another party interested in the same day then yes they sometimes book two parties to make up the 6 guests.

--Islander

http://www.*****

we will be in St. Thomas via the Carnival Liberty on Jan. 10, 2006 from 7am to 6pm, Most of what i've looked at as far as the sail boats only accomadate a max. party of 6, there are 8 in our family group (ages 24-60) and really do not wish to go on two seperate boats, do you have any information on a sail boat which will accomodate 8. Thanks for any information you can provide.

-Deb010

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Janice, thank you Islander,

I have looked at and e-mailed the New Horizons, received a very prompt reply to my questions and have booked with them.

thank you both for taking the time to help me out.

deb.s.

Archived