Car seat for 13 month old? FOS Western

Gone2Beach

Any suggestions on a "travel" car seat for my 13 month old? He is too big for the bucket kind and the one in my car now is HUGE.

I'm not to comfortable taking a car/taxi ride with him in my lap.

Buttttt, we have no problem staying on the Freedom and playing during port days, too :)

Any ideas?

Freedom of the Seas, Western Caribbean

August 2013

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Cosco Scenera is light and cheap. It is the one we use for travel. It even comes in its own custom-shaped plastic bag with carry handle, which we use to protect it when we gate-check it.http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-Scenera-Convertible-Car-Seat-Renaissance/16932760

Any suggestions on a "travel" car seat for my 13 month old? He is too big for the bucket kind and the one in my car now is HUGE.

I'm not to comfortable taking a car/taxi ride with him in my lap.

Buttttt, we have no problem staying on the Freedom and playing during port days, too :)

Any ideas?

Freedom of the Seas, Western Caribbean

August 2013

FYI: our ports are Labadee, Falmouth/Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Many taxi's in the Caribbean aren't of the same standard as in the US . They might be equipped to handle a car seat.

Many taxi's in the Caribbean aren't of the same standard as in the US . They might be equipped to handle a car seat.

This is simply not true. I have used car seats on many Caribbean islands where people told me they couldn't be installed. I know for a fact I saw three point seat belts in Cozumel when we were there 2 years ago.

OP, I'm assuming you will be installing your car seat rear facing, which makes is even easier, as you don't need a tether. I prefer seats with built in lock offs (like Britax or the TruFit, although others are available in he US I believe...I'm a Canadian car seat tech), as it can be difficult to find UAS or automatic locking seatbelts. However, you can always install a car seat rear facing with a locking clip, it just takes practice and a bit of time. Even though I've installed hundreds of seats, I prefer the built in lock offs, because I can install the seat very quickly.

I'm sure others can give you information about Jamaica and Grand Caymen, iirc Labadee is a beach day.

Archived