What to do? What to do? Grandeur vs Explorer

We had signed up to cruise Grandeur 1/31, but then realized I may have a work conflict so reserved Explorer 4/10 just in case. Now it looks like my work situation may be at least partially resolved, but I'm torn which cruise to go on. In a nutshell, here's what I see as the pros and cons

Grandeur --pros -- a LOT less expensive (enough to pay for our premium drink packages!) and already has seen a few price drops, so more may be on the way.

-- great cabin -- JS aft

--easy drive to port

-- Grandeur has already received enhancements

Cons -- work...although I can make it, it's not the ideal time to go

-- Super Bowl -- we'll be on ship, which isn't the end of the world since I'm sure there'll be viewing aboard. But if the Skins, by some fluke, get in the game I' ll never hear the end of it!

-- smaller ship. Is this a con? Have only been on FOS

-- itinerary isn't the greatest, but it will o

Explorer --pros -- bigger ship, more to do

-- better itinerary

-- better time of year both as far as weather and work are concerned

Cons -- has yet to receive enhancements

-- so-so cabin

-- SPRING BREAK -- this is a major con for me...it's the week before Easter when all the Jersey and Philly schools are off

-- much longer drive to port -- about 5 hours compared to an hour for Baltimore.

I know you can't tell me what to do (tell me! Tell me!). Just want to hear what YOU would do, and if there's anything I'm not considering. Thank you!

I agree with the PP that Spring Break shouldn't have any bearing on your decision. I looked at both itineraries, and frankly, they each have something going for them. At the end of the day, if the additional drive time to Bayonne isn't a deal breaker for you, I'd go with the longer itinerary on Explorer, mainly because it's at a time of year when you'd have a better shot at warmer weather for much of your cruise. The Grandeur itinerary, which I happen to like, would be cold for at least a day and a half sailing in and out of Baltimore. That would ultimately be the deciding factor for me.

We have cruised both many times each. If the itinerary matters to you (will you be getting off the ship at ports, doing excursions, etc.) do the Explorer but if you are cruising to relax and lay by the pool reading a book take the Grandeur. Another thing to consider is that sailing out of Baltimore gets you to warm weather faster.

Personally I would take the Grandeur, save the money and plan another cruise. But you have decide what is important. Whatever you decide enjoy your cruise!

Archived