Has the sticky bun recipe changed

on all the ships, or just Marina? We were on a Grand Voyage from Lima to London, and tried the sticky buns several times. At first they were a soggy mess made with honey and nut bits, then at the end the recipe changed again to hot buns with a brownish top, and no taste, nothing at all like those we'd enjoyed on previous cruises. Guess we should be grateful that we saved so many calories by not eating them. Marlene

on all the ships, or just Marina? We were on a Grand Voyage from Lima to London, and tried the sticky buns several times. At first they were a soggy mess made with honey and nut bits, then at the end the recipe changed again to hot buns with a brownish top, and no taste, nothing at all like those we'd enjoyed on previous cruises. Guess we should be grateful that we saved so many calories by not eating them. Marlene

When we were on the Marina in November, it was our 1st cruise and I was anticipating the famous sticky buns. I was disappointed with the soggy buns sitting in syrup but just thought it was me! It's amazing how you can develope a food routine and breakfast for me started out with Greek yoghurt, honey, nuts and dried fruit. Yum - love that European yoghurt. I don't know why they change the recipe for North America, even when it is the same company (e.g. Danone or Yoplait), it isn't the same yoghurt!:(

Mya

I loved the sticky buns when we were on our Down Under b2b cruises in Feb/March, 2012. They replaced chocolate croissants as my morning guilty pleasure. Now I will have to console myself by thinking about the calories I'm going to save:D on our July 25 Black Sea cruise. Glad to read that they have Greek yogurt onboard; that was not the case 15 months ago.

Harriet

I would have asked someone in the know while still on the ship!

I expressed my unhappiness on the mid cruise review and got a call from the exec chef to try them the next day. When I did, I found that the honey drenched bun was changed to something dry and tasteless. I mentioned it again on the final cruise survey.

I seldom eat breakfast pastries, never eat doughnuts, but in November on Regatta, I did enjoy an occasional sticky bun. Guess I'll have to go back to making them at home instead. It's definitely disappointing though, because I was so looking forward to them on Marina.

When we were on the Marina in November, it was our 1st cruise and I was anticipating the famous sticky buns. I was disappointed with the soggy buns sitting in syrup but just thought it was me! It's amazing how you can develope a food routine and breakfast for me started out with Greek yoghurt, honey, nuts and dried fruit. Yum - love that European yoghurt. I don't know why they change the recipe for North America, even when it is the same company (e.g. Danone or Yoplait), it isn't the same yoghurt!:(

Mya

Mya, So glad to read your post about the Greek Yogurt as that is a morning breakfast staple for me:) . Do you know if the Greek Yogurt is available in the Terrace Cafe in the morning or can we get it for room service?

Mya, So glad to read your post about the Greek Yogurt as that is a morning breakfast staple for me:) . Do you know if the Greek Yogurt is available in the Terrace Cafe in the morning or can we get it for room service?

We had it on the Terrace Cafe on the transatlantic in Nov. I understand sometimes it may vary depending on where they can get supplied. There were times when it was not displayed, and we had to ask for it. We never used room service, so don't know if it was available there. It was such a pleasure to dine outside on the deck (we were fortunate about the weather) and I guess I am a sucker for a buffet - especially such a varied one. (Can one have too much lox and cream cheese?) Disaster on the waistline though!!

Mya

Archived