Question on included air out of Chicago to Istanbul

jagaul

We will be flying in November from Chicago O'Hare to Istanbul Turkey with Oceania included air arrangements. Does anyone have any knowledge of what airlines Oceania might use for this route?

Thanks so much.

Hi!

We're on the same cruise and our routing is through Chicago (ORD). Oceania routed us on Lufthansa from Chicago to Frankfurt and then Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Istanbul. Since Lufthansa and United are in a code share arrangement, we may get the Chicago and find that it is really a United aircraft and crew. The travel agent tells me that the FAA has attempted to get the airlines to fess up as to what airline is actually flying the route, but I put little faith is her assurances. Anyway, the material I got from Oceania, through the travel agent, says Lufthansa on the Chicago to Frankfurt leg. I'm almost 100% confident that it will be Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Istanbul.

We're going over on Staurday, November 2, 2013. Maybe we'll see on on the plane.

Hi!

We're on the same cruise and our routing is through Chicago (ORD). Oceania routed us on Lufthansa from Chicago to Frankfurt and then Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Istanbul. Since Lufthansa and United are in a code share arrangement, we may get the Chicago and find that it is really a United aircraft and crew. The travel agent tells me that the FAA has attempted to get the airlines to fess up as to what airline is actually flying the route, but I put little faith is her assurances. Anyway, the material I got from Oceania, through the travel agent, says Lufthansa on the Chicago to Frankfurt leg. I'm almost 100% confident that it will be Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Istanbul.

We're going over on Staurday, November 2, 2013. Maybe we'll see on on the plane.

Thanks for the info....we were told we would not have any flight info until after final payment so it is good to know that you have already gotten flights. Also thanks for the tip on airlines! We will not be arriving early this time unfortunately.

Where in Ohio are you located. We are in Fort Wayne IN.

Judy

Thanks for the info....we were told we would not have any flight info until after final payment so it is good to know that you have already gotten flights. Also thanks for the tip on airlines! We will not be arriving early this time unfortunately.

Where in Ohio are you located. We are in Fort Wayne IN.

Judy

Just to be clear, Cruiserfromohio knows what their flights will be so far ahead of time BECAUSE they are not flying in and out on Sailing Day.

When a passenger buys into the Air Deviation Program, they get to ok their flights ahead of time (even though the tickets are not generally purchased until the Cruise is paid in full).

Archived