Time to book Shore Excursions - Ocho Rios

joyinam

Rhapsody of the Seas - Ocho Rios - first time there, and having a hard time deciding on the shore excursions to choose. Definitely want to book through the cruise - have you done any of these? Descriptions, pricing similar...looking for YOUR opinions to help me finalize our decision! Thanks in advance.

Dolphins Cove & Dunns River Falls $46

Highlights of OR & DR Falls $41

Cruise to DR Falls $56

Best of OR $49 - includes Falls, Margaritaville, Museum

Rejuvenating Falls @ Coyaba $35

Prices are all close enough to consider - tour time lengths run from 2.5 hours to 4.5 hours.

Please tell me of your experiences! Thanks!:)

i know you said you want to book through the cruise, but i would definitely look into phil lafayette tours. its not through the cruise line but came VERY HIGHLY reccomended to us. we booked him and he was WONDERFUL. it was really the highlight of our cruise. if you do some investigating on this board, you will see his name come up.

he is VERY prompt, funny, knowledgable etc. his excursions are a good way to see all the highlights of the island that most people dont get to see. he takes you into the countryside, through the fern gully, shoes you plants and animals etc. we went tubing and and to the dunns river falls. i would definitely look into him. http://www.phil-lafayette-tours.com/index.html

How come you want to definitely book through the cruise line???

There are several highly recommended local guides that give great tours for less money. They have smaller parties (we were the only 4 on our bus) than the cruise ship tours and can get to places earlier than the ship tours to avoid the crowds. You can personalize the tour to see whatever you would like to see and they will have the knowledge to help you decide what to do. As mentioned above Phil is one.

We used Peat Taylor and had an incredible day. Read through and you will find several different people. Contact them and see what works best for you.

www.peattaylor.com

Archived