Question about gifting money

I set up a group cruise for a bunch of friends, most of whom have never cruised before. Since we just hit eight cabins today, we get one free berth but I don't want to take that and instead would like to give all my friends some shipboard credit.

I know I can do the cruise cash, but are there other fun ways to give somebody $50 in shipboard credit? Can I take their sign & sail numbers to the service desk and have it added on?

Nothing on the ship takes cash for payment is my understanding. I'm just looking for a nifty idea.

Thanks!

Without knowing the interest or ages I would recommend a private party if an area is available so check about the amount of credit that can be applied towards a group event. The cost for a one hour open bar has been under $16per person for those over 21yrs and less than $6pp for those under 21. I just noticed that Bon Voyage Gifts have expanded their selection and include cheese, fruit, veggie, and sushi trays made to order at a very reasonable cost. Do you think your group of 8 rooms would enjoy a private party with open bar and some delicious snacks?

Sounds like a party to me :D

Just call Carnival and let them know that you want the free berth to be divided up to the group. If it is before final payment, it should reduce what everyone owes or if after give OBC to everyone.

Archived