Itinerary Alterations

millikid

I am sure these ports will be cancelled as I cant see the lie of the land in Egypt changing too much in the next 6 weeks. I'm all for taking mine & all the other passengers safety as the defining line rather than fees, inconvenience etc into consideration.

I agree. I'm on the Aug 26 saling too, and I doubt it will be "safe" by August.

Hi, I have read that Thompson Cruises and AIDA Cruises have both confirmed that their ships won't stop in Egypt. I want to book the Noordam departing the 15th August and stopping in Said and Alexandria, but I am waiting for if Holland makes something like both cruiselines did, they will replace their Egypt ports by Ashdod, Israel, Haifa, Israel and Crete. I think they should at least say something in respect to this topic! I am willing to book the cruise and if they would commuicate that they are skipping the Egypt ports I would definitely book the cruise! I don't think that with the actual situation, stopping in Egypt is safe!

That is interesting to know that other lines have already announced the alternate ports that they are going to. Hopefully some of those can fit in a visit from the Noordam also. For me, if we have to miss the pyramids, then a stop in Israel to see some of the many ancient holy sites there would be awesome. Actually, I might even prefer it. :)

I agree. I'm on the Aug 26 saling too, and I doubt it will be "safe" by August.

That is interesting to know that other lines have already announced the alternate ports that they are going to. Hopefully some of those can fit in a visit from the Noordam also. For me, if we have to miss the pyramids, then a stop in Israel to see some of the many ancient holy sites there would be awesome. Actually, I might even prefer it. :)

Exactly, I mean, a stop in Egypt with other conditions would be magnificent but now I don't think it's safe enough for us to dock there, so a stop in Israel would be very nice too and we would not have to worry about safety! I don't know what they're waiting for to cancel the calls in Egypt!:confused:

As many have already stated, nobody knows for sure what HAL will do.

I'd take a stab though as to what could well happen.

Seeing as the ship currently has a sea day both to and from Greek waters and the Egyptian coast, it seems plausible that they add one or two new ports of call somewhere around Greece, Cyprus, Israel etc.

I certainly can't see them replacing both ports for sea days, as that would end up 4 in a row. Then again, if they cancel Egypt, the 2 sea days either side may be null and void, resulting in 4 days to do something completely different. How complicated!

Med itineraries are usually port intensive and with such potential changes I think you'll end up with a better itinerary anyway. I looked at that cruise earlier this year and the Egyptian ports put me off. So, for me, it would be an improvement. Totally personal choice, of course.

That's just my take on it;)

Archived