Customer Service??? What can I do? Help.

MomGo

HSC please don't take this as a critism but why would you send it registered? Registered mail is to send cash or negotiable instruments. Its expensive and also sometimes used to serve summons and complaints. Any over night service like Fedex, UPS or even ceritified mail is signed for and has proof of delivery. Registered mail can be restricted to being signed for by the intended recipient I hope you didn't choose that option. That may be way it hasn't been picked up. I personally use UPS overnight except when I am sending things to a postal union official or PO Box. Also USPS express mail is the only one that doesn't charge for Saturday or Sunday deliveries and delivers to more places overnight that the commercial carriers. I know this is probably more than you want to know about it, but its a pet peeve of mine since its such a waste of money IMO. Sorry to get on a soapbox about it...

smeyer418 Sorry I ment Certified Return Receipt. The reason I did so I have proof that it was delivered [at the cost of $4.65]. Now I wish I had sent it the other way. It was ment to be signed by the intended recipient.

OK, I'm confused :confused: You originally booked cabin 11560 (which is cat AB) & then when you found out about the mix-up you ended up booking 2 minisuites (which are cat AF) AND now you're jealous b/c you want something like cabin 11562.... but that is a cat AF?!?

I made a mistake as I posted previously. Penthouse 11550 is the same as our original reserved one was, 11560.

I ended up calling NCL and asking for a group supervisor on Monday. After speaking with the original operator, I was finally transferred to a supervisor who put me on hold in order to get my TA on the line. Seems they can't speak to you about your reservation if you are booked with a TA, which we weren't originally, and I explained to the supervisor that my call wasn't regarding my current reservation, but a messed up situation. My TA is also handling our onboard credit for the mess up, which she hasn't ever gotten back to me on. Anyway, long story short, they apologized for the mis-information, yes our original cabin was what we wanted (like 11550 AB), and they checked their "inventory" to see if anything else above the mini suites was available, and of course it wasn't because of it being so late. They advised me to contact my TA, have her talk to the "coordinator" and see if there is MORE onboard credit we can get. NCL was pretty good to me and understood exactly what I was talking about as they had notes in their computer regarding our whole messed up reservation. Hopefully, we'll get a little more onboard credit but if not, it won't ruin our trip. It will be great no matter what because we'll choose to make it great. Thanks for all of your input. Next time I book a cruise, no matter which cruiseline, I will first call to see exactly what the Suite is we are booking.

At the late date, yes. They were extremely pleasant and seemed to try and help me. A few months ago would have been different. My problem now is my TA. Absolutely useless!!!!!!!! Left me a voice mail (as I can never reach her) and said she has been working on it every day, that they don't know who the guy was that originally booked our cruise (Port and Cruise Consultant on the Wind, William Liles), and that the Supervisor at NCL really "dropped the ball" on this one...whatever that means. Definitely will NEVER use her again unless she can get me something in the next couple of days. Very doubtful.

YES! NCL customer relations service does stink. I have been trying to deal with them since February and I have yet to get a response. .

I've written them several times about an incident in 2001 (as has my TA). I'm just about convinced they won't respond. LOL

-Monte

Another Example of why I am Nerveous about NCL...

Do They Suck?????????

This is not NCL's fault. The Port and Cruise Consultant is to be blamed here. The deposit was obviously not made correctly. Otherwise, the AB Penthouse would still be booked. So, in answer to your question, no, they don't. :D

MomGo, how is it going with the AB thing? Just wondering, your cruise is in a few days. I know you are dissapointed about the AB mix-up, but, you WILL enjoy the cruise and the two AF's will work just fine too. Actually, what age are your children? If they are grown, the tiny bedroom WOULD have been TOO SMALL, we were in an AB on the Dawn in April and my 12 year old daughter found it QUITE TIGHT!!! It is GREAT to have the extra space and the 2nd bathroom, but the space is VERY, VERY, VERY SMALL!!!

So, ENJOY your cruise!! BE HAPPY!!!!!:)

Polish Falcon, after my first cruise on NCL in April, I must tell you it was an EXCELLENT cruise!!! The staff and crew are exceptional!!! We are going back on the Dawn next February too!!! So, we think NCL is GREAT!!!

Suesan:) :) :)

This is not NCL's fault. The Port and Cruise Consultant is to be blamed here. The deposit was obviously not made correctly. Otherwise, the AB Penthouse would still be booked. So, in answer to your question, no, they don't. :D

Of course NCL is responsible for this if this is what happened. The P and C is an employee of NCL. Whether its NCL fault is something different. Did they train the employee properly? If not it might be NCL fault but in any case shouldn't NCL be responsible for their employees especially because this is what the employee was supposed to do!

Archived