Disembarkation in FLL - how early?

Has anyone recently returned on an RCCL ship to FLL? How early were you able to disembark? This is only our second RCCL sailing (have mostly sailed on Princess) and I don't recall if RCCL offers "self" disembarkation.

We live in the southwest and air schedules are AWFUL coming west if we are not able to get on an early flight.

Thanks,

Bz

Has anyone recently returned on an RCCL ship to FLL? How early were you able to disembark? This is only our second RCCL sailing (have mostly sailed on Princess) and I don't recall if RCCL offers "self" disembarkation.

We live in the southwest and air schedules are AWFUL coming west if we are not able to get on an early flight.

Thanks,

Bz

Depends on the ship. On Oasis or Allure, if there are no delays, people who carry their own bags can be outside the terminal by 6:30am. If it's Liberty coming into terminal 23/24, it might be 8am or later before people are outside the terminal.

We will be coming in on Legend of the Seas in January - trying to book air (today) .. and yes, this far out the schedules are bad on our preferred airline. :confused:

We will be coming in on Legend of the Seas in January - trying to book air (today) .. and yes, this far out the schedules are bad on our preferred airline. :confused:

Those are closed end cruises, so the time dealing with government agents should not be bad. I would not have a problem booking a flight at 11am or after. Royal recommends a flight no earlier than 11:30am.

We got off first week in May and were able to make a 8 AM flight to Boston. We were scheduled on the 12:15 but flew stand by and got on. Walked our own luggage off at 6:30 and were at the airport by 7:10 after clearing customs and cab.

Thanks for the feedback. We don't have good travel karma .. last 3 trips have included heat wave in San Diego (no AC in beach hotel), 36 hours with Sandy on the way back to Port Canaveral and being in the middle of Tropical Storm Andrea in North Carolina .. so I am pretty low risk. I know Port Everglades is a short drive to FLL and we probably should make an 8:55am flt, but with our luck .. we will have a customs delay :eek: .. so guess I think we better play it safe!

Thanks for the feedback. We don't have good travel karma .. last 3 trips have included heat wave in San Diego (no AC in beach hotel), 36 hours with Sandy on the way back to Port Canaveral and being in the middle of Tropical Storm Andrea in North Carolina .. so I am pretty low risk. I know Port Everglades is a short drive to FLL and we probably should make an 8:55am flt, but with our luck .. we will have a customs delay :eek: .. so guess I think we better play it safe!

Are you on Oasis/Allure? Or, another ship? Can you do self-disembarkation? (yes, RCI does offer this option)?

Playing it safe! Booked for 3:00pm from Miami and will try to stand-by for the 11:50 if we get to the airport early. :)

On a related note I have been trolling the Florida Departures board for information on Transfers from Port Everglades to MIA and this doesn't seem to be a regular route?? I called QLS Shuttle and the person who answered the phone told me "we may be able to do that", hmmm .. not the vote of confidence I was looking for. I think when we arrive at the terminal I will ask the stevedores about options on our return and if nothing else, take a ship transfer. Would really like to try and get that earlier flight.

Bz

Archived