NOLA New Ship??

redpelican

Does anyone know if a ship is replacing the Sunshine when it leaves NOLA next April? It only going to be there a few months then move to Port Canaveral. Is the Dream coming to NOLA? We really like sailing out of there...it's only a days drive away. We are sailing the re-positioning cruise in April. Wow...think about that...there will be no one parking there. I'll bet it will be a nightmare getting a cab. At least it won't be a game day...that is really a nightmare!:eek:

We have been on it and it was not one of my favorite ships, but that is just a personal thing, so don't be influenced by me. There was not a thing wrong...as a matter a fact, it was a wonderful cruise. I think it was that they only had 2 pools and they were small for the amount of passengers that this ship carries. They may have changed that. The hot tubs were very nice because they had quite a few of them. I think the class ship I like the best is the one that has the Conquest, Freedom and Glory. Can't remember the class name right now.

Thanks for the information.

I was very happy when they announced that the Sunshine would be coming to NOLA and very disappointed to hear it is being replaced by the Dream.

I've been on all the Dream class ships and unfortunately since the Dream is the only ship in the class that hasn't had some modifications to address the crowds and lines I wasn't very impressed with it.

In the past the Conquest class (Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty and Freedom) were my favorite class of ship, but after sailing the Magic last year she became my favorite and then the Breeze nudged her out of 1st place in January of this year.

I still love my beloved Conquest with all her 2.0 stuff, but I'm very happy to have the Magic and the 2.0'ed Triumph in my homeport of Galveston.

ETA: I do at least get to sail on the Sunshine for BC7 in February before she goes away. But sad to say bye to NOLA. I would never spend the extra money to go there and sail on the Dream.

Glory was the very first ship we sailed on, so she will probably always be our favorite. However, we have been wanting to try the cove balconies and look forward to trying them on the Dream. As for swimming pools, I've never been in one on the ships. I plan to try one on Triumph this fall, but so long as there are hot tubs, I'm not too worried about the pools.

Archived