Ultimate beverage package , 10% tax ?

I apologise if this has been asked , I am considering buying the UBP when I sail on the Epic 1/9/2013 from Barcelona having bought it previously when I sailed from Venice on the Jade . I have read somewhere today that a 10% tax is added in Spain on top of the 15% gratuity , can anyone confirm if this is the case ?? Thank you

I apologise if this has been asked , I am considering buying the UBP when I sail on the Epic 1/9/2013 from Barcelona having bought it previously when I sailed from Venice on the Jade . I have read somewhere today that a 10% tax is added in Spain on top of the 15% gratuity , can anyone confirm if this is the case ?? Thank you

Several people have confirmed that on Epic's Med cruises the Spanish tax is added to all purchases all the time. You probably can get around it by pre-purchasing the UBP, usually there are no sales taxes added to any prepaid things like restaurant cover charges, bon voyage gifts, etc.

Archived