No show after final payment booked ES

roscoegirl

I think I understand how to handle this but just wanted other opinions. (and yes, there have been other threads similar to this and I searched but nothing found that matches my question) So, son and I are booked and paid up for and August cruise. I just found out son will need to participate in an orientation program for NavyJR ROTC which will be held the same week as our cruise. Number 1: I don't want him to miss out on this and Number 2: I don't really mind if he can't cruise. He also doesn't really care about missing the cruise. Now, I've paid everything and we are past final payment. I'm thinking I don't cancel him and just have the cabin to myself. I wanted to be sure that Carnival won't try to get me to cancel him, hold MY money for him for a future cruise that he most likely will not take...I just want to check in and son will be a 'no show'. Am I thinking this thru the right way?? I've already paid for two...it's just that only one of us will show up for the cruise. Anyone see any problem with this? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks...:)

I think I understand how to handle this but just wanted other opinions. (and yes, there have been other threads similar to this and I searched but nothing found that matches my question) So, son and I are booked and paid up for and August cruise. I just found out son will need to participate in an orientation program for NavyJR ROTC which will be held the same week as our cruise. Number 1: I don't want him to miss out on this and Number 2: I don't really mind if he can't cruise. He also doesn't really care about missing the cruise. Now, I've paid everything and we are past final payment. I'm thinking I don't cancel him and just have the cabin to myself. I wanted to be sure that Carnival won't try to get me to cancel him, hold MY money for him for a future cruise that he most likely will not take...I just want to check in and son will be a 'no show'. Am I thinking this thru the right way?? I've already paid for two...it's just that only one of us will show up for the cruise. Anyone see any problem with this? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks...:)

According to previous posts like this, you have it right. Just have your son be a no-show.

Archived