Quick Oasis Western Review

Pre cruise stay at Hyatt Place. Quick and easy taxi ride to the pier. Arrived at pier about 11:00. We were let on at 12.

Our cabin was an Aqua suite. It was amazing. There were 4 adults and 2 children. Having 2 bedrooms and bathrooms was a definite plus. The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of storage. The balcony was out of this world. We spent a a lot of time out there. We had breakfast out there a few times. We were able to watch the shows and our kids climbing the rock wall right in front of us. Our attendant was Iputu and he was great.

We ate most of our meals in the dining room. Great service and we all thought the food was very good. We also tried Giovanni's, Chops and Johnny Rockets. All very good. We had the wine package and the soda package. The kids (8 & 11 and fairly picky) ate mostly from the adult menu, not the kids menu. I must say I was least impressed with the desserts. My mother said the cupcakes were not good.

On Labadee we had a cabana and loved it. Only problem is lots of shells/rocks making it difficult to walk without shoes. We had the upgraded buffet and enjoyed everything we had.

Falmouth we did the Jamaica bobsled and Dunn's Falls. Both great. Only one place to eat at the bobsled. Very good jerk chicken but expensive. The climb up the falls is a challenge but worth it.

Cozumel we did the dune buggy and snorkel. Had excellent guides and enjoyed the whole tour. Buffet Lunch included was very good Mexican food.

Between the 6 of us we saw all the shows. It was very interesting seeing the dive show both from our balcony and from the seats, totally different perspective.

We were told that this week had the most passengers on the Oasis. Never did it feel crowded. We had to wait for elevators during peak hours. We could always find lounge chairs.

I would highly recommend this ship. If at all possible, try the aqua suite at least once. This is one vacation my kids will never forget!

Our cabin was an Aqua suite. It was amazing. There were 4 adults and 2 children. Having 2 bedrooms and bathrooms was a definite plus. The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of storage. The balcony was out of this world.

I plan to take my son/daughter-in-law/three grandchildren on a cruise in 2015. The kids are newborn, 1-year-old, and 2-years-old right now. Yes, I hope they stop NOW!!! :)

I've done research on the CC boards about the best accommodations for families, both $$$ and logistically. Most people suggest (at least with older children), adjoining rooms or rooms across the hall from each other - an inside and a balcony. Either of those would work since there will be three adults, but I like the idea of a suite better.

Can you tell me how they priced the six of you? When I look at the suite prices and it is over $2K, it makes sense that it applies to the first two adults, but what about a third adult and children?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

As far as the pricing- I am not sure. This was a gift from my parents. I know they looked at several different options but ultimately chose this one. I think that the cost for this type of suite is up there with the crown loft suites. The cost for the first 2 are real high them the rest were discounted as in any other room. I'm sorry I can't be of any more help

We had an aqua theater suite booked for five for Thanksgiving 2014 and it was $18,000 and was not the most expensive one. We ended up canceling and getting a GS with adjoining D4 for about $10,000. My brother booked a CLS for just two at $9000.

Archived