Lobby for a Platinmum+?

gerry1.10

I am more interested in finding out from Miami office why NOT a platinum plus...why the pleather atlas and the picture frame? I think it is because we keep on sailing because we love the product anyways.

For me, it has always been about reaching a level...achieving a goal...with a cool reward in the end. The reward need not cost money. I admit to sailing another cruise line since there is no incentive for me to work towards a picture frame at 500 points...I received the picture frame as a random thank you for sailing norwegian present in the mail years ago. Maybe now we are just a bunch of pitas? I do love the platinum rewards very much...but I am also now a two star Mariner with Holland America and I do find myself wanting to work on the third star...no idea what it rewards me, but it is another star...LOL!

coka:D

Well, if it makes you happy, do it. Personally, I would not actively peruse a new level in a loyalty program unless I's read the benefits and saw something that appealed to me. I recall nothing of HAL's program, and I'll likely stay at one star for a long, long time.

Coka on Holland America - I can't believe it. :eek:

One day I too shall grace a Holland America ship. That being said, it's going to be at least another 20 years before that happens! :D

I also agree NCL needs to beef up their Latitudes program with another tier... really high which shows the loyalty of repeat passengers and ones who take longer cruises with them. The revamp to the loyalty program thrust me into the Platinum level bypassing Gold completely because my cruises had all been longer than 7 days for the most part.

A new tier at 250 points with some great perks would definitely keep people sailing and for what it's worth I only have 125 points. :) However, 250 is a significant accomplishment I think to warrant something more than a cheesy Atlas.

I am thrilled at the perks that we get for platinum, my husband got there before me as he had sailed on NCL before we were together and I have to say I was jealous and it works, we booked another 2 (under the new system) cruises with NCL for me to catch up with him.

Introduce another level and we may stop being unfaithful to NCL and do less celebrity cruises, then again we may not.

I have no idea how many points I have, I only know that I've been platinum now on 3 cruises and we don't go the extra mile to book a suite for double points anymore because we are happy with the balcony and saving the money.

I do agree though with the posts that under the new system it is so much easier for people to get to platinum than it was when we did it but if they add another level, those points we have take us a step closer I suppose

I've been platinum for a while, and change is inevitable. In the 12 years or so I've been cruising with NCL, there have been many changes to levels and perks some good and some bad. I don't think a new level would be much of an incentive for me to cruise more often. And while having more platinum level passengers on every cruise might seem like a problem, it's not MY problem so I do not concern myself with those logistics. NCL will endeavor to take care of the people who are most loyal, and if that means more work for the cruise staff to accommodate larger parties or more staggered parties, then that is NCL's issue to worry about.

Generally speaking, the little perks can be nice but they don't make or break my decision to sail with NCL. I like the product. :)

Me, too! We achieved our 250 points last December and the books arrived in August. Actually, my husband and I both received them on the same day. Hmmmm.... I guess that means there is one for upstairs and one for downstairs...but what happens when we move to a ranch-style house? ;):rolleyes::D

That is pretty funny, Debbie! I waited so long for it, as I think they over looked sending it to me when I reached the 250 point mark. Now, that I got it, I didn't even open it. :confused:

I have to say every time I board a Disney cruise, gifts (Backpacks, frames, duffle bags, beach towels, water bottles, keychains etc just to name a few things I have received over the years) are waiting in my cabin on my bed for me. That is a nice way to say welcome back and we appreciate you choosing to sail with us again. They also give a free dinner in their restaurant onboard, amongst a few other perks I have received with them.

When I stayed in suites on Princess, I have received free alcohol, dry cleaning, laundry service, corsage for formal night and wifi for the week.

I think my favorite out of all of these was the free unlimited wifi for the week.

I will get around to opening my pleather Atlas, and now I am waiting upon the delivery of my frame. :p

Dawn

I guess she took that Godmother defeat hard :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Hahaha...Good one Jim! Actually, I finally felt a lot better about being the loser after I bought my own "yacht." We had a ceremony where I christened her as I deemed myself godmother of her. I named her "coka's gem" and make sure God blesses all who sail her. Oh...and I get to sleep with her Captain too!

Hahaha...Good one Jim! Actually, I finally felt a lot better about being the loser after I bought my own "yacht." We had a ceremony where I christened her as I deemed myself godmother of her. I named her "coka's gem" and make sure God blesses all who sail her. Oh...and I get to sleep with her Captain too!

Good for you Coka!!!

Archived