Any pictures on what is excitable in the MDR

Aprilmay13

Tomorrow I will look for a sparkly top :D as I need to return the darn jacket I just bought for hubby , It just doesn't go with any of his pants :confused: I don't know

Or just buy him new pants when you get your sparkly top! :p

That is how shopping usually goes for me. This leads to this to this to this.......

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUR TUXEDOS! You and your wifey look wonderful.

I enjoy "playing dress up" on the ship-----I have 4 tuxedos -- haven't paid more than $20 for any (Ebay, and 2 requested my sizes to alter them). Rental stores usually sell their stock around Sept. I won't bother with the normal black one, but here are a retro, a white with black silk lapel, a "western", and a $12 white jacket from Haband (mail order). The accessories cost more!

tux1.jpg

tux2.jpg

2upl.jpg

3onp.jpg

Below: Most likely a non-elegant night on Bahamas cruise on Fascination, 2009. My black skirt is knee length. But keep in mind this type of dress is not necessarily typical for Carnival -- we always dress up a little for the MDR, regardless of the ship. Many are dressed much more casually (e.g. pants, capris, etc.).ry%3D480

Below: possibly Elegant Night on same Fascination cruise. My dress is a handkerchief hem -- more or less floor length at the sides, shorter in front and back. DH, as you see, dress pants and shirt, no jacket or tie. (On another cruise line, he would have had both for "formal" night.)

ry%3D480

I like the Charlie Sheen shirt on the gentleman on the far right. I'd wear it! ;)

LOL, that's my cousin!! It's from the Van Heusen outlet!! Handsome bunch of guys if I don't say so myself! LOL

To me on casual nights, men should be wearing collared shirts (I prefer short-sleeved button-down, but polo is acceptable as well) with dockers and black or brown shoes; in general, a business casual type look. Women could wear short dresses or separates of a blouse and skirt or pants. Flats or heels would be appropriate. A cardigan would be useful as the MDRs can get chilly.

On formal nights, men should at the minimum be in a shirt and tie, but ideally should have on a full, matching suit (back in the day, it would be a tuxedo!). Women should be wearing full length dresses or knee length dresses and generally with a nice set of heels. A pants suit could also work for the ladies if they prefer not to wear dresses.

Or just buy him new pants when you get your sparkly top! :p

That is how shopping usually goes for me. This leads to this to this to this.......

Yeah, I know what you mean -- I buy a new skirt, then realize it doesn't go very well with the shoes I have, so have to look for new shoes. Then of course, I really don't care for the new skirt with the blouses in my closet, so have to get a better top! It just doesn't end! Don't you just love it? :D

We will be on Sunshine in 4 weeks time.

Personally, I am looking forward to getting dressed up on elegant night. We are from England and have never cruised before. We intend to go the whole hog and be dressed to the nines. I have bought two beautiful dresses which are anxiously hanging in my closet ready to be worn. Thought I would share with you my DH trying on his new tux.

image.jpg.f4949f3b17c110afa60896e1f538e5eb.jpg

Archived