Elevators to Metro in Barcelona

jawsbad

Arriving by plane into Barcelona and plan to take the airport bus into town to Placa Catalunya. I will have, of course, a large piece of luggage and was wondering if there is an elevator down into the Metro Station and where it is located. I plan to take the Metro to the Drassanes station to get to the cruise port. I understand there is an elevator at that station but, again, do not know where in the station.

Any information would be appreciated.

http://www.tmb.cat/en/linia-de-bus/-/bus/D20/detall-s/sentit-Ernest%20Lluch/dia-FEINER/parada-256

That link takes you to the TMB website. They have all info there.

If you are set on this route, the only elevator is at the top of the Ramblas at the far corner of the plaza from where the bus will drop you off at Pelai. There are escalators at all entrances.

You may read on some of the Barcelona 'warning' threads that pickpockets sometimes use the opportunity of crowding here at times. I just keep my bag in front of me and never had a problem.

There is an alternate route from last year. They added a new bus line which is the link above. The D20. You can get off at the first stop of the A1 or A2 bus at plaza Espana , then pass the taxi line and continue around the circle to Parallel, where the port bound D20 leaves from at the first stop. It costs 2 euros and can be paid to driver and is flat and easy access and very frequent. You can also use a stamp if you have a transport 10 ticket pass. One stamp for each passenger of course. You can then get off at Les Drassanes (right after the bus goes around the circle at bottom of Parellel) just in front of the Customs house, where the blue busses leave from the other side of the building. This is a separate charge.

Luggage is allowed on these new busses and I was hesitant due to the fact that large bags are not allowed in Madrid.

I would also like to know if there is an elevator/escalator at this station on La Ramblas?

http://www.tmb.cat/en/detall-linia-metro/-/linia/L3

The TMB metro map has little symbols that can be clicked on showing all elevators and escalators and all accessibility information for every bus and metro route.

The box with small figures is the elevator selector and the steps the escalator. Stations can be clicked on for full info.

Thank you Mad flyer for the great detailed information and links. The transfer to the bus seems a bit easier and I just may go that route. I will be traveling with my husband and just did not want to have to negotiate escalators with a 30 in bag.

We have been to Barcelona before but arrived by ship and then used the airport bus to get to the airport which was extremely convenient and inexpensive. We were staying near Placa Catalunya on that trip and will be again this trip after returning from our cruise.

Archived