Millennium Questions

Amy G

I was reading on another post that the Millie does not have a self-service laundromat and I was wondering if that was true?

Also, I have only been on Princess, but is it common for cruise lines to make you pre-pay for shore excursions?

Hello Amy --

It's true, Millennium does not have any self-service laundry on board. You can however have clothes sent to laundry/dry cleaning through your cabin steward (for a fee, of course). Overall we didn't find it to be too prohibitive.

And see my answer in the other post by Luvcruisin' about shore excursions (you had replied to that one too!)... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I think any of the arrangements mentioned in my review can be found through a google search.

Celebrity does not have a laundry... their rates for having laundry done are very reasonable. If you want to sail Celebrity...you need to go with the flow...

Sue
[email="SueClark"]sueclark@aol.com[/email]

[B]Grand Princess - Western Caribbean[/B] - April 25, 2004

[B]Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04[/B]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[B]Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05[/B]

We usually pre-book our excursions on line because they are the ones we really want to do. They don't make you pre-pay though they just add the amount to your ship board account. If we see other excursions we want to do we book them onboard - usually there is availability.

When we book on line they DO charge our credit card ahead of time, not our shipboard account...but you can cancel/change your excursions if you change your mind, within certain deadlines which will be clearly posted in the listing of excursions you'll find in your cabin.

The charge for early booking is done by the contractor who handles them for Celebrity.

Ray
91 days at sea w/4 lines in 6 years. Celebrity is the best for us!
Future Bookings -
-MERCURY 5/17/04 Alaska 12day
-Constellation 9/7/04 Transatlantic Westbound
-Infinity 1/31/05 South America-Rio Carnival

Thanks! I always bring detergent with me, so this time I wont bother!

For those of you who book your own private excirsions, how did you find info on where and who to use?

Amy --

We got all of our advice from past cruisers, who had been on the same or similar itineraries. Your best bets are to find reviews of your itinerary on your ship (will best give you insight to how things will work directly to your situation) or to go to the ports of call page on this board and ask about port-specific private excursions.

I will admit it's a bit scary at first, but after doing cruiseline arranged excursions on our first Celebrity Cruise (which were hit and miss, and pricey) we decided to try to arrange our own and found it to be the best way to go. This board and the people here are a treasure -- use it to your advantage!!

Amy G
We have just left the Millennium on her transatlantic and I envy you if you are still to sail on her.
If you require any info please feel free to ask.
The ship is wonderfull and we enjoyed every minute of our cruise.
[email]lees@telinco.co.uk[/email]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amy G:
Thanks! I always bring detergent with me, so this time I wont bother!

For those of you who book your own private excirsions, how did you find info on where and who to use?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can check the Ports of Call board or you can just ask right here.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Archived