Cave Tubing with Coral Breeze Review

southernlagirl

We just got back from our 6/19 Miracle Cruise. We had a wonderful time in Belize with Coral Breeze. :D

0730 We went down to Frankie and Johnnies to wait on tender stickers. (yes, we went early) At 0800 they we're suppose to start handing out tender stickers. But while we were standing there with about 10 families. Somebody (not with carnival) came up and told us that if we had booking confirmation of an early excursion outside of carnival to proceed to deck 1 stairwell. Well we did and a Carnival employee was there and told us that they would put us on a tender with the Carnival Cave tubing people. Guess what they did! Can you believe that?

When we got to the port a Coral Breeze employee was waiting in front of the Wet Lizard and we payed the remain balance of our excursion. Then we waited and waited and waited. The problem was they had another 5 people booked on this excursion off of the Miracle. Well these people didn't understand the meaning of getting in port early. Needless to say we waited about an hr these folks and when they didn't show we proceeded without them.

Travis was our tour guide. He was WONDERFUL. You could tell he loved Belize and loved his job. He took us on a tour of Belize City and told us some of the history. We then headed out of the city towards the Nation park. The views were WONDERFUL. Travis told us about the plants,the trees, and industries we saw on the way.

We made it to the REALLY ROCKY ROAD that leads to the park. Now this road would make a 4 x 4 truck run in the other direction. Travis took his time going up showed us different trees and fruits along the way.

Finally we made it to the park, put our water shoes on, got our tubes, our headlights and headed up the trail to the river. This trail is not easy. From June to November is the rainy season in Belize. It was rocky, wet, muddy, and uphill, all with a tube on your shoulder.

We made it to the river. Travis offered to take us thru another cave system. But Hubby and I felt we were a little pressed for time so we opted out on that. (It turns out we weren't that pressed for time when we got back to port. But I would rather be safe then sorry) The experience was UNBELIZABLE as Travis would say. My daughter was not that great of a paddler in the tube and Travis made a point to stick to her like glue.

After tubing we ate in the park. In a open air resturant. Sorry I can't remember the name. The Food was GREAT!!!!. Both Hubby and I had a Belkin beer and enjoyed that too.

All too soon our time was over. So we dressed and headed back to port.

I can't say enough about Travis and Coral Breeze. They made my Son's Birthday wonderful. Both kids are still spouting infomation about the cave's and Belize to their friends.

Questions anyone?

Archived