Cabo Wabo and Melia

jess98ac

Sorry about the blank post earlier...my computer did something funky and I don't know how to delete it!

Anyway, I was just wondering if these 2 places are close enough together to spend some time at both in one day?

My fiancee and I will be there on our Dawn Princess honeymoon cruise in September!

Thanks

It's about a 20-25 minute walk or take a taxi. Pretty close, just an uphill walk from Cabo Wabo and it was a little warm! You could definatly see both though. I would go to CAbo Wabo early if your ship leaves early like our did. It was a 40 minute wait for lunch, so we just took pictures and left. Walked to the Office for lunch, which is on the beach next to the Melia

Yes...it's on the beach under the blue umbrellas. The tables are in the sand. It was $68 for the 3 of us. We each ordered a meal that had 3 items on the plate that were the same (ex: 3 burritos,3 fish tacos,cheese quesadillas) and then we each took an item off the others plate to try. They were all very good. Plus we ordered a Ceviche, and a crab & lobster stuffed avocado! We only drank soda. We really enjoyed it. It is right next to the Mango deck. If you check out my photo album on the other thread, there are a few pictures taken there.

At Cabo Wabo, go easy on the Waboritas...they're delicious, but pack a punch! ;)

(Unless you have a cab waiting at the curb, and a couple of trusted friends to carry you to the cab and then to the gangway.)

People have been telling me not to eat the food in mexico because I will get sick, but everyone seems to be going to all the resturants and doing fine. Any comments on this?

Also does any one know how much it is for a Waborita?

Thanks

I think you just have to go to one of the more "well known" restaurants or ones recommended by people who have eaten there. We heard the Office was good from lots of others so went there and were real happy!

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Waborita's. My friend who used to be a bartender has the recipe and makes them when we come over. Just one and the party's started! We like the Office, our timeshare is down the beach from there so we like to go for breakfast. It's also where you can Jet Ski, Horseback Ride and Parasail. Another good place in town is Mocambo's. It's off the beach and will need to take a taxi as I don't know how to explain to get there.

Misty

Archived