Magic Review from Sept 2012

The next morning we woke up in Cozumel. We booked a private yacht for this port. We booked through Island Marketing and I believe the people with the yacht were Hog Wild... Can't remember too much. We had a wonderful time on the yacht. They fed us, kept our cups full, and just showed us a nice time. We got to snorkel and fish. The guys caught a few Mahi Mahi!!!

Hello Cozumel!

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0870.jpg

DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0885.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

542665_522011924510563_1141648888_n.jpg

DSC_1168.jpg

That night we went to the show in the big lounge. It was a juggler. I figured it would be pretty cheesy but relunctantly went. Surprisingly, it was not bad. He was quite good!! I really enjoyed this show.His name is Marcus Monroe.... and he's been featured on Jay Leno or David Letterman? I hope he is still performing on the Magic as I think my son would enjoy this show!

DSC_1187.jpg

Also, that night was the midnight Mexican buffet on Lido. I was looking forward to it as I LOVED it on Conquest. Well this, I hated it. Bleh! It just wasn't very good. We waited forever in line and then I didn't even finish my plate. It was gross.

DSC_1190.jpg

DSC_1192.jpg

Saturday was our last sea day...:( We booked a Behind the Fun tour and were due to meet our group at the steak house at 9 or 9:30. It was suggested to wear comfy shoes as there would be a lot of walking.

This tour was very interesting. We got to tour the kitchen galley. We visited the crew quarters. We saw their lounge, their library area, their private deck with spas, and where they eat. When a crew person is hired to be a server, they start off by serving in the crew dining areas. As they promote up they move up the ladder to serving guests. We saw the laundry area. We got to see the busiest part of the ship which they referred to as I-95. There is where everything is. Where they store food and drinks. It was really bustling!! We visited the engine room and then we we went up to the bridge. What a view from in there! We met the captain and he was a very nice man. We also got to see the dancers backstage area where they dress for shows. I saw many wigs!!! We got to visit with a dancer too.

This was a really neat thing to take part of. I now have a better understanding of the ship!!

GroupBehindtheFun.jpg

AaronChristinewithCpt.jpg

GroupwithCpt.jpg

I wanted to add that if you book the behind the fun tour or you want to do the ropes course, you have to have closed toe shoes. They allowed my friend on the behind the fun tour with her flip flops but there are no exceptions for the rope course. Just an FYI.

At some point, this plate of goodies had been left in our room. I can't remember why...

DSC_0129.jpg

I spent much of that last day taking pictures of this gorgeous ship. Here are some.

Serenity Deck

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Edited by TheGirlNextDoor

We then went down to the ocean plaza to purchase our future cruise certificates. The seaside barbeque was going on. I never had it but will be trying it out on my next cruise.

DSC_1210.jpg

DSC_1212.jpg

DSC_1213.jpg

My husband and my friend's husband wanted to do the ropes course. My friend wanted to do it too but didn't have closed toe shoes... a must. So she wasn't allowed to do it.

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg