Belkin Brewery tour Belize

bubba7up

Same thought here. I really like Belikin and touring the brewery would be fun, but $85 each for a short tour with a couple beers seems outrageous. We paid the same thing for the Xunantunich ruins that was an all day tour with lunch included (excellent tour BTW.)

we went out of the port and got a tour driver to take us for $25 a person and he also took us around the city for that, stopped at a grocery store and then took us back to port. it was nice.

The Wet Lizard will offer the tour if enough people request it. Check out their web site. BTW - Laura, the owner, is AWESOME!

No mention of the tour under their available tours list. It was there when I was researching last fall for our January cruise, then gone when I started looking for our fall cruise this year. I may see if I can get in touch with them although with only 2 people not sure they will do it.

Awesome tour, did it with Wet Lizard, 2 adults and child got a nice deal and discount. Just us 3 and the driver in an a/c van. Took us to a liquor store and grocery store. Found us a little open air shack to eat gibnut at. Got to the brewery toured it, had many many endless beers, even the rarer sorel berry belikin beer.

Then he gave us a tour around town, stopped at a few old churches, chatted with some friends of his, took us into his neighborhood. Was private guide for as long as we wanted him. Was like 80 for all??? At 15.00 bucks a gallon of gas, we drove around for hours.

we went out of the port and got a tour driver to take us for $25 a person and he also took us around the city for that, stopped at a grocery store and then took us back to port. it was nice.

The brewery is in a town outside of Belize City. It is located in Ladyville. A 20-30 min ride by car each way. the taxi rate for that is 25-30 us each way. plus waiting time.

a taxi around the city for shopping will be no more than what you paid. No more than 7.50us per trip. $25 is a fair price for someone to stay with you and a tour.

• 4 weeks later...

was looking at the beer tour through CCL then thought to try Coral breezes but they have a drink / tasting tour that goes to one barrel rum. i checked the address and the rum tour is in belize city so we could just grab a taxi from the port. hummm decisions decisions

In Belize, you have to remember to be clear with people about wither they are quoting in US dollars or Belize dollars. There rate is fixed at 2 to 1. So 25 Belize dollars would be 12.50. $15.00 per gallon gas in Belize is $7.50 US.

We took a taxi during a land tour to Placencia. We were quoted $200. for the 135 mile trip. It really only cost us $100 US.

All I am saying is that when you talk to locals about prices make sure your apple to apples. Even my friends from Belize in the states will talk about property and buying things there and switch between the two. I always have to clarify that when they speak.

In Belize, you have to remember to be clear with people about wither they are quoting in US dollars or Belize dollars. There rate is fixed at 2 to 1. So 25 Belize dollars would be 12.50. $15.00 per gallon gas in Belize is $7.50 US.

We took a taxi during a land tour to Placencia. We were quoted $200. for the 135 mile trip. It really only cost us $100 US.

All I am saying is that when you talk to locals about prices make sure your apple to apples. Even my friends from Belize in the states will talk about property and buying things there and switch between the two. I always have to clarify that when they speak.

thanks for the heads up! much appreciated :D

Archived