Palma, Majorca, Spain- BEACH DAY???

I like to see the beach but not be *on* the beach. Are there any resorts available that charge a small feel to use their pool facilities that back up to the beaches? Or maybe a hotel that has an excellent view of the coast?

I'm very pale-skinned, so if there are no hotel options, I'll be looking for beaches that offer umbrellas & loungers for a small fee. Sounds like there is at least one or two!

Unless you go to a deserted / virgin beach, all of them have umbrellas and lounges for a fee.

Hotels do not offer day passes as far as I know. They have enough with their own customers.

About beach clubs, you have some examples in previous posts of this thread.

• 6 months later...
Alexanderm,

My wife and I are interested in Es Trenc as well and doing something similar as you posted. What did you do and did it work well....Oh and how was the Beach if you know what I mean?

Finally, we enjoyed a catamaran tour in Palma, very nice beaches and crystal clear water, they supplied masks for snorkeling, here you can have the tour description: http://majorca-tours.net/escursione/catamaran-mallorca/

• 2 months later...

So I think what many of us are asking is 1} Are there any hotels that do day passes for cruisers in the Palma nova area 2] names of beach clubs in Palma Nova that rent sunbeds, umbrellas etc, 3} Does Nikkibeach rent sunbeds

I think most of us want to have some plan before leaving the ship.

• 2 months later...
Finally, we enjoyed a catamaran tour in Palma, very nice beaches and crystal clear water, they supplied masks for snorkeling, here you can have the tour description: http://majorca-tours.net/escursione/catamaran-mallorca/

alexanderm what was the catamaran tour like? did you get to stop at any beaches? and was the catamaran crowded? Thanks

• 9 months later...
So I think what many of us are asking is 1} Are there any hotels that do day passes for cruisers in the Palma nova area 2] names of beach clubs in Palma Nova that rent sunbeds, umbrellas etc, 3} Does Nikkibeach rent sunbeds

This is the exact information I am needing for my upcoming Harmony of the Seas cruise in July. We are looking for a beach where we can rent chairs and have some drinks. We love to people watch so a more lively atmosphere is good. I am considering Illetas or Palmanova/Magalluf. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by TxStacey

1. Don't know of any hotels at Palma Nova - or anywhere along the coast for that matter - that offer day passes for cruisers .

2. Plenty of sunbed operators all along Palma Nova beach - expect to pay 4-5 euros per person for a bed and parasol.

3. Nikki Beach is at Magalluf rather than Palma Nova and gets mixed reviews; pre-booking seems essential. This link should answer your questions http://www.abc-mallorca.com/nikki-beach-mallorca-3/ but one thing that seems to come up regularly is that beds need to be pre-booked

Here is a list of other Beach Clubs in Mallorca - Illetas is a good option http://www.abc-mallorca.com/category/beach-clubs/

Edited by campolady

This is the exact information I am needing for my upcoming Harmony of the Seas cruise in July. We are looking for a beach where we can rent chairs and have some drinks. We love to people watch so a more lively atmosphere is good. I am considering Illetas or Palmanova/Magalluf. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a list of Mallorcan Beach Clubs that may be of help http://www.abc-mallorca.com/category/beach-clubs/

Plenty of places (not Beach Clubs) to rent sunbeds and have drinks all along the coast - Magalluf is the liveliest area but is very much 'Britain In The Sun'. Illetas is less lively but more 'up market'. July is peak season and all resorts - but especially Magalluf - will be very busy so, if you ant to visit a Beach Club, I would highly recommend that you pre-book.

Edited by campolady

Here is a list of Mallorcan Beach Clubs that may be of help http://www.abc-mallorca.com/category/beach-clubs/

Plenty of places (not Beach Clubs) to rent sunbeds and have drinks all along the coast - Magalluf is the liveliest area but is very much 'Britain In The Sun'. Illetas is less lively but more 'up market'. July is peak season and all resorts - but especially Magalluf - will be very busy so, if you ant to visit a Beach Club, I would highly recommend that you pre-book.

Thank you so much! So is it common for people to make a reservation at a beach club for just 1 day?

Thank you so much! So is it common for people to make a reservation at a beach club for just 1 day?

Yes - certainly at Nikki Beach in high season you are unlikely to get in without pre-booking.

Edited by campolady

Nikki Beach is very expensive and upscale place. Check their menu if curious. Same beach in Magaluf has tons of chairs and parasols for rent and lots of cafes and restaurants with reasonable food and drink prices. Palma Nova is closer than Magaluf from Palma and beach is the same

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Nikki Beach is not a beach name but name of the club in Magaluf. They only open in season. Beaches never close but I would guess water wouldn't be that warm (18-20 C in good case) in end of April. Can just stay in Palma if weather is cool. Palma weather is not tropical like Florida or Carribean

Edited by hkto

We will be there on April 30th.

I see Nikki Beach is not open.

Will the other beaches be open. Will the water be very chilly?

All beaches are open all year round and, by late April, there will be sunbeds available to hire. The sea will still be too cold for me to swim in but some people will be brave enough to go in. Palma Nova is a nicer beach IMO than Magalluf.

Nikki Beach (as already explained by hkto this is a Beach Club complex - far too posy/trendy/expensive for me I'm afraid - not the name of a public beach) re-opens on 28th April. They haven't got an event listed for the 30th but that doesn't mean it will not be open for normal drinks/restaurant/sunbed service - send them an email to confirm info.mallorca@nikkibeach.com

April can be a very mixed month weather wise so sunshine isn't guaranteed - if you are unlucky enough to get an overcast or wet day the coastal resorts haven't really got much to offer so then I too would suggest that you stay in Palma city.

Edited by campolady

• 4 weeks later...

We are trying to choose between 2 cruises. Each one goes to one port that we have not been to yet. Palma de Mallorca and the other goes to Ibiza. For those travelers who have been to both which would you suggest and why. Many Thanks.

• 1 month later...