NCL land transport - NY Motorcoach

LizG12

Where are you coming from? It might change my answer. We never use NCL transport when sailing from NYC as there are cheaper shared ride services or public transport- but we've always gone to the ship either from a Manhattan hotel or from the Airport. If you're further out, NCL's transports may be a more economical option.

Edited by TravelDiva88

We just found out about the Motorcoach from Massachusetts and are planning to take if for our October cruise from NYC. It sounds like a great idea for us from the Boston area. They pick up at the station and deliver you to the ship. I believe when disembarking they arrive to take you home around 1:00.

We just found out about the Motorcoach from Massachusetts and are planning to take if for our October cruise from NYC. It sounds like a great idea for us from the Boston area. They pick up at the station and deliver you to the ship. I believe when disembarking they arrive to take you home around 1:00.

They also are out of albany if you live in western ma.

We have used the motorcoach program for each of our 10+ cruises. Most of the cruiselines use Acadamy buses which we have always found to be clean, including the bathroom. We get on the bus at the Worcester MA stop and it takes about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs to get to the ship from there. They make a rest stop in CT for about 20 minutes. I highly recommend it.

We have used the motorcoach program for each of our 10+ cruises. Most of the cruiselines use Acadamy buses which we have always found to be clean, including the bathroom. We get on the bus at the Worcester MA stop and it takes about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs to get to the ship from there. They make a rest stop in CT for about 20 minutes. I highly recommend it.

I usually drive. What info can you link me too this.

Usually the cost for four factors in, bu if cheaper than parking myself

I may look into it for this years fall Caribbean cruise

I usually drive. What info can you link me too this.

Usually the cost for four factors in, bu if cheaper than parking myself

I may look into it for this years fall Caribbean cruise

I use Yankeetrails.com out of Albany. They leave at 7am from Albany and depending on if they have a few other stops to make along the way, we were at the port at 9:30!! It was great!! It was $80 pp r/t. We use them because we live outside of Springfield, MA

Edited by Sheils65

Does anyone have any experience with NCL Motorcoach Program - http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/...e-pier#newyork - to get to the NY pier? (I hope it's ok to post this on two boards, I asked in the East coast departures board, but since it's a NCL program, figured I'd ask here too)

I use Academy because they have multiple locations that they leave from, and they are patient, if you are a little tardy. I'm on the CCL Splendor, and the NCL Gem, and leave from Woburn. :o "People are strange: they want the front of the bus, the back of the church, and the center of attention". anon R.A.

I use Yankeetrails.com out of Albany. They leave at 7am from Albany and depending on if they have a few other stops to make along the way, we were at the port at 9:30!! It was great!! It was $80 pp r/t. We use them because we live outside of Springfield, MA

We are just outside of Springfield too.

That would be $320 rt. for the four of us.

For that amount I will drive and pay at the pier, again this year.

Thanks for the info.

We used the service last year, and we would do it again in a heartbeat. As soon as we stepped on the bus, both of us were already in relaxation mode. They made one stop in CT for a rest room break in addition to the route pick-ups. We felt it was money well spent, AND if there was a traffic jam we felt secure the ship would wait for us. There was actually a caravan of 3 buses- we were so surprised at the number of people who took advantage of this service.

we felt secure the ship would wait for us.

I asked NCL about that specifically, she said they don't wait for the buses (they don't wait for flights either) and if it's late, it's the passenger's responsibility to catch up with the ship at the next port.

which has me wondering if I should book a (refundable/cancellable) pre-cruise hotel and/or a NY to Canaveral flight just in case......

(my cruise is late Dec, I'm not usually that nervous about missing a cruise, but 'US Northeast' and 'December weather' isn't always a good travel combination)

We will be travelling on the Breakaway in Sept and I had the same question as I never used this service. My boss however, cruises Celebrity and uses Academy bus any time she goes (out of Union Station in Worcester). She says there is never and issue, they are pros and it makes for a more relaxing vacation to leave the driving to someone else!

As a natural born worry wart I feel a little better knowing someone else has had the same experience with them.

Now I can't wait to get my relaxation on!!!!!

Yankee Trails out of Albany is now charging $90pp RT. They take your bags at your pick up point and make sure they are loaded on the ship, you don't have to touch them again until they are in your room. The driver expects a tip at the port and again at your drop off. You do however need to claim your bags at the pier and bring them to the waiting area when you return.

Departure Points

Departure Locations & Times:

Yankee Trails, Rensselaer - 7:00am

Walmart, Catskill Commons - 7:45am

Kingston, Exit 19 Family Restaurant - 8:05am

New Paltz, Exit 18 Park & Ride - 8:35am

Newburgh, Walmart Garden Center- 9:05am

Expected arrival at pier is 10:30-11am.

Yankee Trails out of Albany is now charging $90pp RT. They take your bags at your pick up point and make sure they are loaded on the ship, you don't have to touch them again until they are in your room. The driver expects a tip at the port and again at your drop off. You do however need to claim your bags at the pier and bring them to the waiting area when you return.

Departure Points

Departure Locations & Times:

Yankee Trails, Rensselaer - 7:00am

Walmart, Catskill Commons - 7:45am

Kingston, Exit 19 Family Restaurant - 8:05am

New Paltz, Exit 18 Park & Ride - 8:35am

Newburgh, Walmart Garden Center- 9:05am

Expected arrival at pier is 10:30-11am.

Wow, I do see that they did go up $10 pp. If there are many travelling it would be best to split cost at pier for parking.

• 9 months later...

I just booked a solo cruise on Breakaway. I live in Eastern Massachusetts and it looks like going out of Framingham would be a good choice.

For those who have used this motorcoach service, how did it work on disembarkation? Where do you go to get on the bus home?

This was a fantastic way to go to New York for our first cruise. They drop you right at the cruise terminal entryway, and the luggage valets are waiting right there for you.

Upon return, you wait just a little to the left of the cruise terminal exit. You are just standing on the side walk, there are no benches or seats. The bus will pick you up right there. There was quite a crowd, so you will not miss it. We had three busses that were just for our cruise!

This was a fantastic way to go to New York for our first cruise. They drop you right at the cruise terminal entryway, and the luggage valets are waiting right there for you.

Upon return, you wait just a little to the left of the cruise terminal exit. You are just standing on the side walk, there are no benches or seats. The bus will pick you up right there. There was quite a crowd, so you will not miss it. We had three busses that were just for our cruise!

Thank you! I wasn't sure how it worked on the way back, but that's sounds super convenient.

I'm hoping they wait for you if the ship docks late? Today the Breakaway was 4 hours late docking so it gets a person to worrying. :D