Help me make a room choice on the Volendam Inside passage

Fluffqueen01

We are currently in DA2546. Decided to check upgrade prices on a suite. TA Said B was available last night. We told her to book it today, and then she said it was BC, 6106 only for the price she quoted us. Not sure where the breakdown was.

What are the thoughts from you experts? It's a suite, but right at the front of the boat. Makes me a little nervous.

I read your other post......was that $520 per person or total cost for both of you.......??

Looked on the deck plan......it is a veranda cabin that is above the theater area and below the cabins used by the ship's officers......may or may not be quiet......

I wouldn't worry about being too far forward tho....this inside passage route is pretty smooth....we took this same cruise in May......

Sorry about your TA.....don't let it spoil your cruise....!!

Being over the theater, unless you go to the late show would be a deal-killer for me.

We had a DA on the Alaska cruise and were quite happy. The only negative on your current cabin is that you are the last cabin on the gangway level used in Skagway and Ketchikan although you probably won't be on the ship then to care. For us it was on that side in Ketchikan I think. Of course the side may vary depending on the berth. In Juneau the gangway is on Deck A.

We have travelled a lot and I hae always done my own arranging and very skillfully. I thought she would be able to help us with a room choice as we don't usually cruise. Had I found this board ahead of time, I would have easily been able to plan this myself. We are doing all the excursions with private groups, with the exception of the Traci Arm one. I think I can only do that from the ship unless I am missing something.

We have travelled a lot and I hae always done my own arranging and very skillfully. I thought she would be able to help us with a room choice as we don't usually cruise. Had I found this board ahead of time, I would have easily been able to plan this myself. We are doing all the excursions with private groups, with the exception of the Traci Arm one. I think I can only do that from the ship unless I am missing something.

Archived