beach horseback riding!

La Princesa

Hello! I am going to cozumel and thinking of horseback riding at the beach. Has anyone done this there? Any feed back? What company? On my own??? We are 7 most teenagers... going on rccl freedom of the seas... thanks.

Hello! I am going to cozumel and thinking of horseback riding at the beach. Has anyone done this there? Any feed back? What company? On my own??? We are 7 most teenagers... going on rccl freedom of the seas... thanks.

I don't know about Cozumel, but on HAL's private Island, Half Moon Cay and when we went on RCCI's Oasis and stopped in Falmouth Jamaica, Chukka had a horseback riding excursion that was AMAZING!! You ride thru the countryside and then back to the barn so the horses can put on the 'water saddles' and you can change if needed and then you go INTO the water with the horses .... swimming! It was awesome! It's the same outfit on HMC as in Jamaica where the horses are actually from, and they are all either x-polo or x-race horses and so well cared for. The guides 'know their stuff' and take care of everyone of all levels of riding! They take pictures with your cameras for you as well as having someone take pictures while you are in the water with the horses that they put on a disc for you (you get to choose the shots) for $30 which we thought was worth it. We had the time of our lives! Highly recommend the Chukka Horseback Riding trip! Hope they have it there for you .... have fun! :)

I am hoping to do this in Jamaica...go to the falls and then go horseback riding in the ocean.

Check what the excursion says ... there are a couple of them and it depends on what you want to do. Some are like 'do the falls and then ride' and that ride is usually along the shore, not actually 'in' the water. This one is thru 'Chukka' and it's in Falmouth, not sure about other locations in Jamaica, but they bus you to the stables (about 30 minutes), saddle everyone up and ride thru beautiful scenery and then back to the stables where they re-saddle the horses up with the 'water saddles' and then take you INTO the water with them. This is a fabulous tour and run by very professional guides. The care of the horses (who are all either x-race or x-polo horses) is very good and they are wonderful with the guests, regardless of riding experience. They really know what they are doing. The same horses and outfit from the Chukka Ranch are also on Half Moon Cay. When we were in Half Moon Cay by the time it was our turn for the ride, the seas had roughed up and they said it was too dangerous for us as well as the horses to go 'into' the water so they offered us a refund or a ride thru the area and then 'along the shore', which we chose to do. We booked it again in Jamaica and were able to go 'into' the water as conditions were fine. Both times were great, but as I said before the one swimming with the horses was one I'll never forget ... it was a blast! :) Enjoy no matter which type of ride you choose!

I am hoping to do this in Jamaica...go to the falls and then go horseback riding in the ocean.

You will LOVE this excursion, Amethyst. I did it on my honeymoon 20+ yrs ago and now I'm taking my kids on the same excursion to ride and climb this December.

It is well worth the money and we had a blast!!

Archived