Coral World and Taxi

kelleyd

My family of four is thinking about going to Coral World in November during our stop. Think some of us might do the Sea lion swim and then hang on the adjacent beach.

When I called to ask about shuttles/taxis I was told a taxi from havensight to Coral World runs approx. 9-10 per person. I am looking at $72 just for the taxi there and back. Seems a bit excessive for what it is and am thinking I will nix this idea.

Does that taxi fare seem correct?

My family of four is thinking about going to Coral World in November during our stop. Think some of us might do the Sea lion swim and then hang on the adjacent beach.

When I called to ask about shuttles/taxis I was told a taxi from havensight to Coral World runs approx. 9-10 per person. I am looking at $72 just for the taxi there and back. Seems a bit excessive for what it is and am thinking I will nix this idea.

Does that taxi fare seem correct?

Sadly this is correct. We paid $9/pp and were placed on a vehicle with 9 other people, and still had to wait 10 minutes because the guy was trying to fill his last couple of seats. We would have gone on our own but none of them were interested in taking just 2 people. The cabs out are a real ripoff as these guys bring in $100 for a 15 minute drive. If you had a group of 10 people you might have some leverage to negotiate, but 4 likely won't get you a better deal. It was not a problem to return on our own at the same cost of $9/pp.

Archived