Linen, Flax, cotton, Lagenlook clothes, anybody else wear them?

Hi, I usually dress in a funky Lagenlook style. The clothes are fun, cool, very free flowing and white or bright colors. Usually OSFA and very comfortable. Anybody else wear anything close? They are very easy to pack, and you can dress them up or down. Was wondering before I started packing. Think Judi Dench in the Marigold Hotel movie.. lol

You are obviously way cooler than I am...

You know that you cannot wear any style on a cruise ship that someone else on board will not be wearing, right? -- or at least something similar -- what I want to see is pix, girl!!

Show yourself off! :)

A very interesting style - coincidentally I was 'browsing' on ebay the other day and came across this 'store' with all this 'lagenlook' stuff - had no idea what it was!!! :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Womens-Clothing-/15724/m.html?_ipg=&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=lotusinthemoonlight

I don't think my short, fluffy body would do well with all that yardage.:eek:

$%28KGrHqJHJCoFHN9mN4gqBR37K6iZCg%7E%7E60_3.JPG

This would be wonderful as a beach/pool/swimsuit coverup. I love it. I don't own it yet, and this is not me, but I sure like it.

1370627898622-101570055.jpegthis is one I do wear with white linen pant. By my favorite designer SkullzLondon.com I have it in green, blue, and several of their other things as well.

Anything with an asemetricial hem is perfect. p.s. Judi Dench is only 5'1". She wears the linen top/slacks very well. I do pair loose tops with slim pants and loose pants with slim fitting tops. Works better for me.

I love this look, and she sure isn't tall.

6277509a02296e7d4a95d8c356e7a482.jpg

Very unique clothing, Lagenlook is. The good thing is it packs up to nothing, weighs nothing, and laughs at wrinkles. I would maybe do a white pant with this.

Does she have grey hair or is that a hat (or shower cap)? (I used my magnifying glass and still can't tell.)

Thats a headband and grey hair.

I'm currently bidding on this on ebay:

2009439086224040_1.jpg$T2eC16dHJIIFHJpt,2oyBR5,LVuHJw%7E%7E60_12.JPG?rt=nc

This is the $%28KGrHqZHJFMFGw-VvzdiBRw2c+fZM%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG?rt=ncone I already own.

with a slim pair of white capri's will be fabulous for cruising. I have about 10 pair of white pants/capri's and will bring along probably 5 of them. To wear with these lovely tops. I have the blue top in green also.

Has anybody noticed Cracker Barrel this year is carrying a lovely line of clothes? There very much this style, and I own at least 5 of them also. Very reasonably priced also. Most are Rayon which folds very small and are wrinkle free.

Question on the turquose blue 'frilly' thing - which I think is adorable....so it is a tunic top or can it be a dress? (if you are short that is :) )....and is it super baggy? So if you are short and fluffy wouldn't it just 'hang' on you? (how long is it? - it does look cute on the mannequin tho).

Question on the turquose blue 'frilly' thing - which I think is adorable....so it is a tunic top or can it be a dress? (if you are short that is :) )....and is it super baggy? So if you are short and fluffy wouldn't it just 'hang' on you? (how long is it? - it does look cute on the mannequin tho).

This tunic is 38 inches long, to short for me to make it a dress. These are designed for "women with curves" so really look better on shorter (than my 6 ft) and fluffy ladies. They do make a skirt to match some tops that just looks fab.

13706279070861540172088.jpeg

I own the lav coat on the right. Check out Skullzlondon.com. I'm considering the pants also. very soft and comfy linen.

Most are a delicious soft gauzy linen, so wash and dry wonderfully. I never need to iron them.

I just received this one, haven't worn it yet, but its just dreamy.. I won't be bringing this on the cruise, but I just wanted you to see it.

1370910075475209863593.jpeg

I like Hot Cotton, Wild Women, Flax, and Chalet brands also..

Most are a delicious soft gauzy linen, so wash and dry wonderfully. I never need to iron them.

I just received this one, haven't worn it yet, but its just dreamy.. I won't be bringing this on the cruise, but I just wanted you to see it.

1370910075475209863593.jpeg

I like Hot Cotton, Wild Women, Flax, and Chalet brands also..

I am long and lean (5'8" and 137) but I just can't see myself in this look. I love some of them, the less ruffly ones, but I know I'd put them on and feel like I was wearing pajamas. I love the turquoise dress you posted near the beginning, but again, on me, I think it would look like a robe or sleepwear. I think it's the colors more than the styles. I LOVE the red tunic you are bidding on and would wear that (not ruffly, strong color) in a heartbeat with very slim pants.

Honestly, the lime green 'thing' is horrible! IMO of course. It makes the model look like a troll. Sorry, just makes me wonder who decided that looked good on her. No offense intended just - no way.

I am long and lean (5'8" and 137) but I just can't see myself in this look. I love some of them, the less ruffly ones, but I know I'd put them on and feel like I was wearing pajamas. I love the turquoise dress you posted near the beginning, but again, on me, I think it would look like a robe or sleepwear. I think it's the colors more than the styles. I LOVE the red tunic you are bidding on and would wear that (not ruffly, strong color) in a heartbeat with very slim pants.

Honestly, the lime green 'thing' is horrible! IMO of course. It makes the model look like a troll. Sorry, just makes me wonder who decided that looked good on her. No offense intended just - no way.

I agree the style is not for everyone. I'm more of a freestyle dresser than a trendy/preppy/classic type. I love the uniqueness of the look.

I don't want to follow the crowd, but travel my own road.

I agree the style is not for everyone. I'm more of a freestyle dresser than a trendy/preppy/classic type. I love the uniqueness of the look.

I don't want to follow the crowd, but travel my own road.

Do they fade much with washing? I just loved the style.

Archived