Eden Rock and Sea Grapes Review

Neowind

The Caymans was my Wife's favorite stop. She thought it was the most beautiful beach she had ever seen. She is scared of the Ocean and will not get it in. But at Sea Grapes she got right in and loved it because of its beauty and calmness.

Eden Rock: I was totally amazed and freaked out here. There were about 300 fish about 50 ft from shore. Very Large mature Tarpin were swimming right at you then dodging you and you could feel the water move when they went by you. I didn't see much coral here but I didn't go out very far either. There were tons of fish near shore.

Sea Grapes: By far the most beautiful and comfortable beach I have been too. The sand is perfect and it goes all the way into the water. Its sand everywhere no rocks or seaweed. Just perfect. We loved this spot.

Neowind.....WE WILL BE GOING TO THE CAYMAN ISLANDS WITH OUR FAMILY AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF SEA GRAPE BEACH WOULD BE GOOD FOR CHILDREN AGES 4-7-14-16-17. SINCE YOURS IS THE FIRST POST I HAVE READ ABOUT A NICE BEACH. WE WERE THINKING OF STAYING ON THE SHIP WHILE IT WAS IN PORT. BUT AFTER READING YOUR POST WE WOULD LOVE TO GO THERE IF ITS GOOD FOR THE KIDS...IS THERE SHADE FOR US OLDER FOLKS?

THANKS

I tried to locate these beaches on a Grand Cayman map without any luck. Can someone please tell me what they are near ? We will be in Grand Cayman this August and it sounded like a perfect spot to visit.

Thanks

Sea Grape is on 7 mile beach just south of Courtyard Marriott. Since that used to be a Holiday Inn, it may say Holiday Inn on your map.

Eden Rock is an easy walk from the tender docks. There are multpile entrances. This happens to be the one at Paradise Restaurant, but Eden Rock Dive Center "next door" has one also.

hRRoBKW9G1PiFa3V-0+dZNVDPV3l0Ox-0300.jpg

1deinGfUJ6v0r5txIOxkBE2PbzIIALqk0300.jpg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=162094

Archived