Summer 2015 Cruises QOTS

js17

I think it's amusing that there are now two distinct lines of discontentment regarding Quantum, a ship that should be generating lots of excitement (!!!), enthusiasm (!!!), and WoW(!!!) among Royal Caribbean fans:

1) the lack of details regarding the ship; and

2) the delay in publishing the extended schedule.

For me the frustration is more #2 at the moment. You can make a very selfish case that opening the expanded Quantum schedule and Anthem bookings before doing a full reveal is good for people like us who are sitting here waiting to book as soon as it opens. The full reveal will undoubtedly be exciting and will spur a lot of interest and bookings, thus likely raising rates.

...which takes us back to the general puzzlement that we're now roughly 8 months before without a full reveal. You'd think they would want a burst of excitement to coincide with the Anthem opening and expanded Quantum schedule to spur such interest.

For me, I have no problem placing a fully refundable bet on Quantum and Anthem being great prior to full reveal -- an option that I realize is not available to our friends across the pond. I'll sail Quantum no matter what, but if the new class doesn't deliver the "WoW" I can easily shift my Anthem deposit to an Oasis Class ship or, perhaps even take my money and run to the Norwegian Escape in late 2015. We shall see...

Edited by Dave85

I called this morning and the C & A rep said that they got a more detailed deployment schedule for 2015, but Quantum is not part of it.

For whatever reason, Royal Caribbean is having a problem deciding where the ship will go or how much the cabins cost. You would think that they already know what price the cabins are going to be since they already priced them for the Quantum schedule that already has been released.

I am very puzzled.

I called this morning and the C & A rep said that they got a more detailed deployment schedule for 2015, but Quantum is not part of it.

For whatever reason, Royal Caribbean is having a problem deciding where the ship will go or how much the cabins cost. You would think that they already know what price the cabins are going to be since they already priced them for the Quantum schedule that already has been released.

I am very puzzled.

Unbelievable...

Thanks a lot for sharing this info with us.

was wondering if Bermuda will be a 3rd needed stop for March 21st since Samina was taken off after i initially made my booking. keep hearing frustration from others bout only 2 stops. honestly just cant wait to be on the ship....

We are booked on the February 20th Quantum sailing and there are only 3 stops/land days on this 9-night cruise. I think that they will need to look at all the itineraries where they had to remove Samana, DR once they get the Summer/Fall 2015 schedule out in order to ensure that the itineraries are robust enough to warrant the extra $$$. Even Oasis and Allure that have demanded the big bucks have had 3 stops in 7-days. With 6 sea days on a 9 day cruise, I would think it almost qualifies as a sea voyage and we should get free beverage packages. LOL! :)

Maybe they are still having issues with a final decision on Bermuda?

I haven't seen anymore info about Bermuda getting ready for Quantum. I'm thinking the same as you. They need to wait to see if Bermuda will be ready for Quantum before they can schedule anything.

I haven't seen anymore info about Bermuda getting ready for Quantum. I'm thinking the same as you. They need to wait to see if Bermuda will be ready for Quantum before they can schedule anything.

Not sure that I agree with the notion that they're waiting on word from Bermuda.

It's worth noting that RCI reserves the right to change itineraries when they have a need to do so.

It wouldn't be the first time that something like this has happened.

They could release information as if they were going to Bermuda and if things didn't pan out, they could change the itinerary.

Not sure that I agree with the notion that they're waiting on word from Bermuda.

It's worth noting that RCI reserves the right to change itineraries when they have a need to do so.

It wouldn't be the first time that something like this has happened.

They could release information as if they were going to Bermuda and if things didn't pan out, they could change the itinerary.

I think it's more of an issue on the hypothetical 5 day cruise than the 9 night as was discussed either earlier on this thread or on another (I can't keep them straight anymore). On the 9 night they could just sub in Nassau or Coco Cay or Port Canaveral (especially in the summer when many ships are overseas), but for the 5 night the only other alternative would be Canada, which is very different than a Bermuda cruise and certainly wouldn't be as expensive!

I think the Bermuda theory is viable, but if I had to put money down I'd bet on something else.

Well here it is Friday morning and still nothing loaded into RCCL system as of now. So frustrating.....if they could even provide us an idea of when maybe it would be in there, we could all rest some. I guess its going to be yet another day and week go by without any information or clue as to when we can all book for the summer. I'm sad :(

Why are you so unpatient about QUANTUM?? :D

For me, the Norway cruises of SERENADE are much more interesting - but they won't be released before next week. :rolleyes:

We were all very patient!!!

...then RC randomly didn't release the itineraries during the week they were supposed to, provided no further information as to when they would be released, then inexplicably omitted Quantum Summer 2015 from the new document yesterday outlining ship deployments. :rolleyes:

Won't they announce the itineraries before they open them for bookings?

Not necessarily. I believe the most recent Europe itineraries that opened (Rhapsory and Splendour) opened for booking before a press release was issued.

We were all very patient!!!

...then RC randomly didn't release the itineraries during the week they were supposed to, provided no further information as to when they would be released, then inexplicably omitted Quantum Summer 2015 from the new document yesterday outlining ship deployments. :rolleyes:

Plus they put out the Fall 2015 schedule and omitted Summer 2015....weird for sure! I have a feeling we will have to wait until mid-March possibly. :eek::cool:

Plus they put out the Fall 2015 schedule and omitted Summer 2015....weird for sure! I have a feeling we will have to wait until mid-March possibly. :eek::cool:

I think A. Goldstein needs to spend less time sending curt e-mails to CC members and more time getting his sales / deployment house in order. :p

If you really want to get the ball moving, then take to twitter and other social media outlets. Tag RoyalCaribbrean, QuantumofTheSeas and other keywords that PR and RC people are following, and express your dissatisfaction and frustration.

If enough people do this, they'll move to put out the fire.

Last thing they want is negative press.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you really want to get the ball moving, then take to twitter and other social media outlets. Tag RoyalCaribbrean, QuantumofTheSeas and other keywords that PR and RC people are following, and express your dissatisfaction and frustration.

If enough people do this, they'll move to put out the fire.

Last thing they want is negative press.

Great idea but I don't do twitter. Maybe just bombard with emails, at least for me lol

Great idea but I don't do twitter. Maybe just bombard with emails, at least for me lol

Point is, email is private, social media is public. If you email & they ignore you you're the only person who knows it (sharing it here IS a form of social media.) Every unanswered Twitter or Facebook post is seen by THOUSANDS, or more. They'll pay more attention to outcries via social media - they can't afford not to.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Edited by LetsGetWet!