Boarding Time for Paradise, 5 day from Tampa

Ninja0509

Hi all,

This is my first cruise and would love some insight.

We are sailing on board the Paradise, out of Tampa on 8/10.

The boarding pass states "Embarkation 1 pm to 3 pm".

So now my question is, how early should we be there to check in so we can get on board as soon as possible.

We purchased FTTF.

Thank you!

S

I used to work at the port, and aboard the Carnival ships when in port, and it's my experience (I've sailed "Paradise" twice in the last couple of months!) ;) that they usually open the gangplank for boarding between 11, and 11:30. Sometimes a bit earlier, sometimes later, but I think you'd be safe, and happy getting to the port to check in at about 11.

You're gonna' have a GREAT time aboard "Paradise". (I'll be doing her again in 30 days!) Not that I'm counting or anything! :cool:

"SKY"

Thank you for the info.

So even though my boarding pass states "Embarkation 1 pm to 3 pm" they do let you on board earlier?

I'd just hate to get there with 4 kids at 11 am and then wait until 1 pm to get on board...

I used to work at the port, and aboard the Carnival ships when in port, and it's my experience (I've sailed "Paradise" twice in the last couple of months!) ;) that they usually open the gangplank for boarding between 11, and 11:30. Sometimes a bit earlier, sometimes later, but I think you'd be safe, and happy getting to the port to check in at about 11.

You're gonna' have a GREAT time aboard "Paradise". (I'll be doing her again in 30 days!) Not that I'm counting or anything! :cool:

"SKY"

When are you going Ken? We are on her for the Sept. 2 cruise.

Our last time on her we were on & in our cabin by 11:30.

Hi Char! I'll be aboard the beautiful "Paradise" again on Sept 19th. I'll bet there's room for you two! Come on along,,,and if not. when you sail on Sept. 2nd, be sure to warn 'em that I'll be aboard soon! Hope Capt. Gazzano and Alina are still aboard! We had a GREAT time on our last one didn't we?

Ken

"SKY"

Thanks for all the thumbs up on early boarding.

So, I guess the 1 pm - 3 pm on the boarding pass is simply an attempt to keep all passengers from showing up at 11 am expecting to get on ;)

Anyhow, we are super excited and wish you a great time in September!

S

Thank you for the info.

So even though my boarding pass states "Embarkation 1 pm to 3 pm" they do let you on board earlier?

I'd just hate to get there with 4 kids at 11 am and then wait until 1 pm to get on board...

I haven't had kids along for long I forget :eek: how bored they can get. With FTTF you should be OK if there is s short wait.

Ken we will be on the SENSATION for a B2B2B starting Sept. 22.

Hi MomMom,Why don't you come and join us on Paradise Roll Call September 2, Another day in Paradise? We are all getting excited and the conversation has been lively.

We have a nice group and we are planning an unofficial Meet and Greet at the United States Bar at 5PM day1

Linda

Archived