Conquest Boarding Time

dminear60

I am a first time cruiser so any advice will be appreciated. How early can we board the ship on embarkation day and will we be able to have lunch on board?

Thanks all,

Diane

Don't pay attention to any emails you get from Carnival on this.

If you get to the pier between 10 - 10:30, you will be able to check in without many lines, probably be in zone 1 or 2 and boarding USUALLY begins shortly after 11.

If you purchase Faster To the Fun for your cabin and get to the pier early you will get to board the ship right after the VIP guests and have immediate access to your cabin to drop off your carry on luggage.

Lunch is served on the Lido deck on deck 9. There are several buffet lines, plus Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina (for taco's and burritos), a Deli, Fish and Chips (deck 10 aft) and 24 hour pizza.

Just some other information that you might find useful.

Be sure to fill out your Fun Pass information online and print out your boarding passes and luggage tags. This will speed up the check in process.

When you get to the pier, the porters will take your large suitcases that can't be carried on, and they should be tipped a couple of bucks per bag.

There will be a lot of Carnival employee's around to direct you on where to go. You do have to pass through security where your carryon luggage will be xrayed and you go through a walk through type metal detector.

When you check in you will be given a Sail and Sign card (S&S). It is the size of a credit card and you use it as a room key, and for all of your onboard purchases. You can't buy anything on the ship with cash. The card will also indicate what dining room and table number you've been assigned to, along with your dining time.

The 1st night at dinner the line to get into the dining room can be pretty long because everyone has to be seated individually. But after the 1st night you can just walk in to your assigned table, but if you forget exactly where you are suppose to be just ask the hostess to seat you again.

Review the deck plans online. The ship is large and many people find it a little confusing to navigate. I make deck 5 (the Promenade) my main way to get from the front of the ship to the back.

I've been on the Conquest several times, from Galveston and New Orleans. We always try to arrive at the pier between 10:00 and 10:30. I wouldn't recommend arriving much earlier than that because you will get caut in a ton of traffic from the guests leaving. We are usually in group 1 or 2. I've never seen them board earlier than 11:30. My goal is always to be eating lunch on the Lido deck by noon.

Cabins are usually not ready until about 1:15-1:30, so you will have to drag all of your carry-ons with you until that time.

Archived