Past guest or Early saver?

chris.b.74

it is usually cheaper. you also get price drops until the day you sail as compared to past guest where you get them until you make final payment. however changes cost you $50 pp and if you cancel you get your deposit back in the form of a future cruise credit less $50 pp. If you are definitely sailing and won't be canceling early saver is the way to go.

I see a lot of people booking early saver even tho they are past guest. I always book as past guest. What would be the advantage or disadvantage ?

I book the cheapest rate that lets me choose my own room. That is usually early saver. pp rate is usually higher so I don't book it even though I'm Platinum.

I paid in full for past guest and Carnival says I can get price drops as long as I call as I see the price change and the will give me OBC.

Yep up till your final payment date, we are booked past guest and we have just called in when the price drops and they adjust it.

It doesn't matter if your paid I'm full or not as someone else mentioned, as long as your final payment date hasn't passed.

My wife's grandparents were paid in full and they got inc when the price dropped

Hope that helps :D

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

I paid in full for past guest and Carnival says I can get price drops as long as I call as I see the price change and the will give me OBC.

Yes you can get price drops up until your final payment date. After that you can not.

With early saver you can get price drops up until 2 business days before your sailing date.

A lot of price drops seem to occur after the final payment date in order to fill the ship if it is not selling well.

As mentioned above their are penalties involved with canceling an early saver booking.

Bill

Early Saver is the way to go for me. You can always price match to past guest as long as you are early saver.:)

On the 2nd leg of our 2014 B2B we've had 7 price drops. We booked ES and have price dropped twice to Fall & Winter sale, PG, and received the amount taken off our balance due. Since then we've price dropped 3 times to Military Special and have received OBC since we're paid in full (way before final pymt. date).

And we are STILL Early Saver so we can get price drops till 2 days before sailing.

Archived