Just booked Cabin 7602 on BOS for med '06 any Opinions?

Hi Bosox,

I saw that cabin 8588 opened up and really thought about switching cabins but decided to stay where I am and hope for an upgrade. I have had an upgrade on my last 2 cruises but if not, I am fine where I am.

Carmic: I am sailing early in the season on May 23rd '06. I have read that May and Oct are good months to visit b/c the weather is just perfect. Not too hot and not cold.

Pat848: Glad to hear form you. How have you gone about getting an upgrade :confused: . thanks.

We have had upgrades on last 2 cruises. First one I didn't take as didn't like the location. On the last one we went to a D1 room and took that as location was not bad and it was more room. We usually book very early and get a middle hump cabin (which I like). This cruise I was later booking so was unable to get the hump on deck 8. Both times we got upgrade no one notified us - I was just checking the cruise info with boarding # and noticed a different cabin number. It was right around final payment time. I think they may have had a lot of guarantee cabins on deck 8. We will see what happens on this. I stayed with port side as I read somewhere that port side was side to be on for sail in in Venice but that probably is not a big deal as we will no doubt be up on deck for this.

Have you done anything on hotels yet? I cannot get anyone to give me a price for next year yet.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question :rolleyes: but we are still pretty new to cruising. Does RCI offer you the upgrade at port or on the phone and is it a free upgrade or do you pay for it. Also, if a comparable cabin on the port side becomes available I will go for it b/c this is a better side for the views from what i've read.

I have not made any reservations yet but I am keeping in touch with the Continental Barcelona until they give me a rate for next year.

Where are you planning on staying?

On the upgrade - no one told us about it they just changed our cabin #. We went from a E2 to D1. I just found it by checking the on site info. If I had not seen it i would not have known till I arrived. This was free no extra charge. You can upgrade at pier if there are any cabins left but you have to pay. I think it is much less though.

I am looking at both Hotel Continentals and Atrium Palace.

Archived