Alcohol on board with Celebrity

guitarboy53

We brought 2 bottles of champagne aboard,with no problem.The first evening out side the liquor store they had a liqour tasting at that time we were able to purchase some alcohol(yes it can be done)

.DH got his 2 bottles of Jack and I got 2 bottles of Bailey's.We were allowed to take it back to our room.Actually the sales person suggested it.We bought the soda card for the Jack and Baileys is great in hot cocoa or on the rocks.

We do visit the lounges and get drinks and I also had 2 bottles of wine in the dinning room.

We probably spent more then most people,on bar tab.I think they would have sold more Geritol on this cruise to the Baltic

This is a frequent topic on the Celebrity boards. On our first two Celebrity cruises, we smuggled our Abolute Vodka and Beefeater's Gin aboard. The first time, in those small airline bottles. The second time in leak proof plastic quart bottles, which were in our carry-on. We decided that the hassel of carrying this stuff all the way across the country was a pain.

On our last cruise, we purchased two bon voyage liquor packages, one with a liter of Abolute and the other a liter of Beefeaters. Each package comes with a generous amount of cashews and snack mix, and 6 cans of your choice of sodas. The price for each package is $50.00. We considered it to be a reasonable price, because on our prior cruises, we were billed $13.50 for six cans of sodas. On our day of embarkation, our butler brought our liquor packages to our suite. It really eliminates the hassel of carrying the stuff from home to the ship, and eliminates the fear of having it confiscated. We do however, still refill our little airline bottles and bring them with us, because we can have a drink in our hotel room the night before.

When you order the bon voyage gifts, I would suggest that you call Celebrity directly, and not use the fax method of ordering the gifts. That way you get instant feedback that the order has been made and paid for.

We're going to be on the Century departing from Ft. Lauderdale on 11/7. We'd like to buy a couple of bottles of wine that we can enjoy in our stateroom. We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard by the airport the night before, and I don't think we're going to rent a car. The hotel will shuttle us to the Port Everglades Cruise Terminal.

Where can we buy a couple of bottles of wine right before boarding?

Thanks!

There is a Publix on 17th Street that has decent prices. You could tke a cab from your hotel, shouldn't cost much.

Terri

is ther a mini bar in the staterooms? If so what is the selection and pricing like and can you have your room attendant stock it with your favorites. I also read here that someone said it is ok to bring beer onboard. is this true? We are not heavy drinkers but it would be nice to bring a dozen beer or so from vancouver. I'm a little picky about my beer and people say there is a difference between canadian and american beer. Is there a liquor store near the pier in vancouver?

Archived