Long Miracle Review (6/19-6/26)

Mucus29

Hi My husband, My sister, her boyfriend and I are going on the miracle western carribean on october 9th, 2005... Anyone else going on that date... It would be fun to meet new people on board... The review was excellent and I look forward to this the second cruise of the year for me... cQAMEY0777

So you want to do "Formal Night" but you don't want to do "formal". Interesting! I would assume if you choose to go to a formal event and your host has asked nicely for you to dress properly for the occassion you would do so. They even give you lax guidelines to go by beforehand so you can pack accordingly and that's not good enough? I mean a coat and tie for the gents is all they ask and that is about as far from formal as you can get and yet you think that is too much? Carnival has bent over backwards to keep the tradition of formal night on a cruise somewhat a special evening for all that attend. They have even gone to the extra expense to provide dining elsewhere for those that don't want to dress up and yet you still get those few who seem to not get it. They'd rather do it their way. So you won't feel too bad, on our Miracle cruise 2 weeks ago I counted 20% in true formal wear, 60% in the suggested dress and 20% other. I guess on your week you will make 21% other so no big deal. Sometimes being in the minority is what people live for. They like being different. They like being pointed at.

I like being in the majority. I don't stand out as much!

Wow, I thought this was a little uncalled-for. I mean it's one thing to tell people that, in your opinion, formal nights should mean formal dress, but it's another thing to bash them for simply saying that their family of 10 doesn't want to dress up.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you and am making sure my husband takes along formalwear despite his balking at wearing it. I just don't think you have to be rude when giving your opinion.

It's not my opinion you should follow the suggested dress code for formal nights, it's Carnvial's request. You seemed fine with not following that suggestion since you stated you would not dress for formal night but would go anyway. What else was I to say? I tried to let you know you would not be alone in your decision to downplay the formal wear thing. There will be others not reading these suggestions and helpful coments that will show up in "whatever" on formal night and they will have a great time too. Please don't dress properly on my account.

It's not my opinion you should follow the suggested dress code for formal nights, it's Carnvial's request. You seemed fine with not following that suggestion since you stated you would not dress for formal night but would go anyway. What else was I to say? I tried to let you know you would not be alone in your decision to downplay the formal wear thing. There will be others not reading these suggestions and helpful coments that will show up in "whatever" on formal night and they will have a great time too. Please don't dress properly on my account.

I don't believe kwkirbo was asking for your response at all. She (He?) was asking the OP what cruisers wore to the dining room on formal nights. All I'm trying to say is that when someone asks a question, they deserve an answer, not rudeness.

Mademil........

We were on the same sailing as you were last week. My daughter woke up with a cold Monday, July 4th and my son woke up yesterday with a sore throat, stuffy nose, etc.

I am not too worried about it, no fevers, nothing more than a cold. I am thinking low resistence and probably too many germs floating around both the ship and Disney, where we headed after the cruise.

Keep us posted if things get more serious.

Thanks,

Debbie

We sailed with a group of 20 family and friends. As of today five of us have visited physicians with various viral infections.

Trip was great but we are concerned.

We also sailed on the Miracle 6/26 through 7/3. What type of medical problems were folks having? My son's stomach has been "off" all week and yesterday later afternoon he started with vomitting and a slight fever. Although that seems to have subsided now.

My husband and one of the others in our group (there were 11 of us all together) felt that their "systems were off." You can figure that one out!! :)

Since it is my 13 year old sick, I cannot blame the ice in the "adult drinks!" :)

Judy

Archived