Celebrity Infinity August 16, 2013 Norwegian Fjords

bmw3034

Anyone else on this cruise? There are four of us going. Two of us are also doing the next b2b cruise.

Lowell and Charlie

Hi Lowell and Charlie,

Simon and Steve here from Manchester England.

We are also on this 10 night sailing and was wondering if there would be any others. Hopefully there will be a LGBT meeting scheduled and there will be others onboard.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hi

We are going on Celkebrity,Infiniti,Aug 16 also. I was told that if we get a group of 10 people we can take the Flam railroad for $60.00

Bob and Judy

Hi Bob and Judy.

One of the other posters on the General roll call (waggie) has already looked into this for us and unfortunately the only group tickets left available are unsuitable as the return train arrives back too late.

They do release more tickets on the day but this involves waiting in line at the ticket office and hoping there are still tickets left when you reach the front of the line.

The only alternative is to book the excursion through Celebrity at $109 each:eek:

Simon

That's true about 10 people for a group and the price sounds about right, but according to the other roll-call on the trip, someone inquired and I think was told by the Flam railway folks that the only train return time still available gets back just a few minutes before the ship sails.

I've read a lot about the train trip and it's basically just going up the mountain; you evidently can't see the fjord from the train or at the summit, and there are a lot of dark tunnels. So we are opting to do something in Geiranger instead (although it's not a train), where you go up the mountain and can get a view of the fjord below.

We might still possibly take our chances at standing by for last-minute tickets in Flam. Or else pay the much higher price for the ship's excursion.

cheers

Lowell

Hi Simon and Steve,

We're both from Hawaii, although Charlie is living in France right now.

I would imagine there will be some others on the cruise. I'm sure Celebrity will have a daily LGBT gathering although they are not listed in the printed daily program. The last few times we've sailed with them, there was only a notice on a bulletin board near the purser's desk.

Do you have a lot of shore excursions planned or booked already?

cheers

Lowell

Hello,

You may find this link useful for alternative excursions. For those guys from the UK, this company is used by Planet Cruise (Amazing Cruise Holiday Show - Freeview Ch 22).

http://www.cruisingexcursions.com/

There is a good excursion that allows you to look down into Geiranger Fjord, but the best view of all is from the deck sailing in in the morning or out in the afternoon. The Seven Sisters waterfall is on the Port side sailing in and the Suitor on the Starboard. You can also sail the fjord in a viking boat dressed in viking costume if you like that sort of thing.

I think the presence (or not) of FOD/LBGT meetings' listings in the main body of Celebrity Today is at the whim of the cruise director though it is usually mentioned under the 'Directory' heading on the inside front cover.

Regards,

Cublet

Hi Simon and Steve,

We're both from Hawaii, although Charlie is living in France right now.

I would imagine there will be some others on the cruise. I'm sure Celebrity will have a daily LGBT gathering although they are not listed in the printed daily program. The last few times we've sailed with them, there was only a notice on a bulletin board near the purser's desk.

Do you have a lot of shore excursions planned or booked already?

cheers

Lowell

The only shore excursion we have booked so far is the panoramic duo combo in Geiranger. There are a number of others from our sailing booked onto the same excursion so it should be fun.

In Flam we are probably going to try to get tickets on the day for the railway and in Bergen we want to take the Funicular railway.

At the other ports we think we will just do our own thing and maybe use the HOHO buses, but we would also like to remain onboard the ship for at least one day for a quiet relaxing day-maybe the day we are in Olden.

Hello,

You may find this link useful for alternative excursions. For those guys from the UK, this company is used by Planet Cruise (Amazing Cruise Holiday Show - Freeview Ch 22).

http://www.cruisingexcursions.com/

There is a good excursion that allows you to look down into Geiranger Fjord, but the best view of all is from the deck sailing in in the morning or out in the afternoon. The Seven Sisters waterfall is on the Port side sailing in and the Suitor on the Starboard. You can also sail the fjord in a viking boat dressed in viking costume if you like that sort of thing.

I think the presence (or not) of FOD/LBGT meetings' listings in the main body of Celebrity Today is at the whim of the cruise director though it is usually mentioned under the 'Directory' heading on the inside front cover.

Regards,

Cublet

Thanks for the link Cublet. I haven't had chance to look properly yet but will do and see if there is anything which we might be interested in.

Are you also on our sailing?

Simon.

Thanks for the link Cublet. I haven't had chance to look properly yet but will do and see if there is anything which we might be interested in.

Are you also on our sailing?

Simon.

Hello,

No I did Iceland and Norway last August on Celebrity Eclipse and will be doing Cork and Norway in September on Independence of the Seas.

Regards,

Cublet

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

we're doing our first Norway cruise , looking at the Flam railway trip, but worried about it being sold out. Have seen somewhere that there are 525 seats, with 370 reserved. Hopefully there is only our ship in dock that day so even if everyone wanted to go, there should just about be room on the 5 trains that go with the return time before the ship departs. fingers crossed !

• 1 year later...